Dear Parents/ Carers,
I appreciate that some our parents and carers are anxious about housekeeping details regarding the safe return to school and as such, I have compiled a list of useful information that may answer a number of your questions and / or concerns. You may also find it useful to share this information with your child in order to prepare them for their return to school. We are working on specific start and finish times, in addition to other key areas that we will share with you in the next day or so. As always, thank you for your continued patience and support. St Bartholomew’s staff are all very much looking forward to seeing our boys and girls next week – we can’t wait!
- Children will start and finish at different times.
- Breaks and lunches will be at different times.
- Dinner ladies will wear masks and no cash will be taken in school. Dinner cards to be topped uponline, in adavance of ordering a school meal.
- We will advise on Breakfast Club when we have further information.
Uniforms and personal belongings;
- Children can bring a school bag containing a snack, packed lunch and water ( they must not share any of these items) Bags to be stored under desks.
- NO TOYS OR MOBILE PHONES.
- Full school uniform – please have clean uniform each day.
- Children can wear polo shirt on PE days. Further information will follow in this regard.
- If your child is unable to tie shoe laces then please provide them with Velcro fastening shoes etc.
Access to the building;
- Children will enter and exit the school building using different gates pertinent to their class.
- Parents/carers or any non council staff will not be allowed on the premises including the yard and any space within the school periphery.
Health and Safety;
- Children will be asked to wash their hands regularly throughout the day.
- Face coverings for children are not required unless clinically advised to do so.
- Enhanced cleaning will take place throughout the school day.
- Signage will be in place similar to shops for children to safely move around and for adults to distance.
- Adults will practise social distancing.
- Children will be encouraged to practise catching coughs, sneezes with a tissue and avoid face touching.
- Windows/ doors will be open for ventilation.