St Bartholomews

Monday 25th June

This young lady has appeared in my office on numerous occasions this year and all for very positive reasons! She has won a number of trophies and medals over the year and was especially proud to show them off. Well done and keep dancing…

On Monday, we have the Community Police visiting our Primary 4 to Primary 7 pupils. The main purpose of this visit to reinforce a positive message about looking after our community and to be good citizens. I am hopeful that this will encourage boys and girls and their families to look after our wonderful school over the holidays when incidents of vandalism can become more frequent.

On Tuesday, Fr O’Kane will be celebrating mass in honour of our Primary 7 pupils. We will hold an awards ceremony after mass where some lucky pupils will receive special awards and prizes for their positive contributions to St Bartholomew’s. All pupils will receive a high school tie, pen and  personalised tee shirt in addition to a leavers certificate. Some very worthy children will receive a Pope Francis award with a Parish commendation. We are all looking forward to recognising the fantastic work of these wonderful boys and girls.

On Wednesday, the Primary 7 boys and girls will take part in the long awaited beach party. Our loyal parent group have been organising a bouncy castle, DJ, photo both and chippy dinner with some special treats thrown in. Our boys and girls really look forward to this final social event and it is a very fitting farewell.

On Thursday, school finishes at 1pm.  Lunch will be served earlier on this day to ensure that our boys and girls don’t go home hungry! I would like to take this opportunity to thank all of our parents and carers for their continued support this year, it has been very much appreciated. On behalf of myself and all of the St Bartholomew’s staff I would like to wish everyone a fantastic, safe holiday and look forward to seeing you all on Thursday 16th August.

Mrs Bolland