|Brief summary of the aims of the department:
- To provide a stimulating learning environment in which pupils can discover the exciting world of Science
- To develop pupils’ interest and enjoyment of the Sciences.
- To develop pupils’ scientific skills, knowledge and understanding of the world around them.
- To develop the ability of pupils to apply these scientific skills, knowledge and understanding to everyday situations.
- To develop the ability of pupils to solve scientific problems.
- To develop pupils’ practical skills in science in line with appropriate safety guidelines.
|Courses / subjects delivered at all stages:
- BGE Science
- National 4 to AH Biology
- National 4 to AH Chemistry
- National 4 to AH Physics
|BGE topics covered:
- States of Matter
- Cells, Reproduction & Genetics
- Acids, Alkalis & Metals
- Light & Sound
- Periodic table
- Life on Earth
- Cell Biology
- Chemical Change & Structure
- Natures Chemistry
- Chemistry in Society
- Waves & Radiation
- Dynamics & Space