It is an exciting time for all families having a child starting school. At Newmains Primary we aim to make this an enjoyable time for pupils and families through our transition programme. We regularly evaluate and modify out programme each session. Regular events in the programme include:
- Meeting and playing with P7 buddy.
- Visit to the school classroom.
- Invited to infant events.
- Workshops with their future classmates.
- Regular nursery visits to work in the school.
- Talks to parents by school staff and invited guests
At present transition events will be impacted by Covid restrictions.