The Parent Council’s rights and duties include:
*supporting the work of the school
* representing the views of parents
*consulting with parents and reporting back to the Parent Forum on matters of interest
*promoting contact between the school, parents, pupils, providers of nursery education and the wider community
* taking part in the selection of senior promoted staff
* receiving reports from the Head Teacher and education authority
* receiving an annual budget for administration, training and other expenses
*improving home school partnership and facilitating parental involvement.
Newmains Primary School Parent Council:
- Chairperson – Mairi Roberts
- Treasurer – Ashley Devine
- Secretary- Cherelle McDade
- Carol Stevenson
- Amanda Muldoon
- Reg Sandrey
- Jane Lyon
- Gillian McInally
- Gillian Frame
- Stuart Megahy
The clerk to the Parent Council is Marion Dempster.
The Head Teacher, Scott Smith, is the professional adviser to the Parent Council and has a right and duty to attend all meetings of the Parent Council. Meetings of the Parent Council are open to members of the public.
In addition to supporting the school in the ways mentioned above our Parent Council organise and run a number
of events over the course of the year such as discos and fayres and the money raised is used to support the
school’s activities for the young people of the school.
The Parent Council meets at 6.30pm in the school on the
first Wednesday of every month and new faces are always made welcome.