Mrs Wilson Weekly Update Week Beginning 15.6.20

This is the ninth of our weekly posts that I am creating to keep you all as up to date as possible with all the proposed arrangements for returning to school in August. This will be a busy week again as our new Primary 1 are coming into the building in very small groups throughout the day  for a short transition visit on Monday. On Tuesday we have a visit to our nursery from the support officer for Early Years to review our plans for reopening in August. On Thursday and Friday you have all been given a slot to return your school books and collect your school reports from the front yard.This is really important as we will need these to create learning packs for next year’s children. I know they might look a bit tired by now but that’s great as it shows you have been using them so don’t worry. Any old reading books etc. from previous years will also be gratefully received and no questions will be asked as to where they have been hiding ! We are also having our fire risk assessment updated on Thursday as well as preparing the classrooms and moving furniture so lots to keep us busy.

I have created an information guide which should contain answers to the many questions I know you all have. I have tried to explain the logic behind our planning which is led by current government and local authority health advice. I have attached the draft plans of our school building and grounds as I feel it is easier to look at  and understand visually than for me to describe only in words.

These site plans are what I have submitted for approval to North Lanarkshire Council and what they will use as their guide for painting and signage of our building and grounds during the holidays. In my role as site manager I will be in school at this time with Mr Crielly to assist with this process.

Please click on the link below to view the information document and associated site plans.

Return to school parental information HF Covid 13.6.20

Return to school estate plan – written

Please note the diagram below will form the basis for the signage to be painted in the school yard  during the summer holidays.

20200611135844844

20200611135903482

One thought on “Mrs Wilson Weekly Update Week Beginning 15.6.20”