COURSE CONTACT: MRS CANNING
The BGE Practical Woodworking course provides opportunities for learners to gain skills in reading drawings/diagrams in the completion of finished wood –based products. The course is highly practical and creative in nature, improving learner’s skills, whilst operating a variety of tools, equipment and materials. It also helps learners develop practical numeracy skills.
The course aims to enable learners to:
- Develop skills in woodworking techniques.
- Measure and mark out timber sections and sheet materials.
- Undertake safe working practices in workshop environments.
- Demonstrate practical creativity and problem solving skills.
- Understand materials sustainability.
- Sketching and Drawing Skills
- Flat Frame Construction
- Carcase Construction
- Machining and Finishing
- Practical craft classes
- Investigative/research-based learning
Written Assignments – – Folio Development
Practical Assignments – to include model design and development.