COURSE CONTACT: MRS CANNING
The BGE Graphic Communication course combines elements of creativity and communicating for visual impact. It allows learners to engage with a range of technological applications. Learners are encouraged to exercise their imagination, creativity and logical thinking. They will develop an awareness of graphic communication and understand how it can be invaluable for life-long learning and for the world of work.
The course aims to enable learners to:
- Develop skills in graphic communication techniques, including the use of equipment, graphics materials and software.
- Extend and apply knowledge and understanding of graphic communication standards and protocols, and understand where and how these should be applied.
- Develop an understanding of the impact of graphic communication technologies on our environment and society.
- Sketching and Drawing Skills
- Manufacturing and Workshop Skills
- Creative Skills and Rendering
- Software Applications e.g. Inventor and Desktop Publishing
- Practical graphics classes
- Investigative/research-based learning
Written Assignments – Folio Development
Practical Assignments – to include model design and development