COURSE CONTACT: MRS CANNING
The BGE Design and Manufacture course introduces pupils to design, materials and manufacturing processes. It provides opportunities for learners to gain skills in both designing and in communicating design proposals. It allows learners to explore the properties and uses of materials and to make models and prototypes of products.
The course aims to enable learners to:
- Demonstrate skills in the design and manufacturing of models, prototypes and products.
- Showcase knowledge and understanding of manufacturing processes and materials.
- Understand of the impact of design and manufacturing technologies on our environment/society.
- Read technical drawings and diagrams.
- Use a range of software applications to communicate design ideas.
- Develop practical solutions to design problems.
- Research, plan and manufacture design ideas.
- Sketching and Designing
- Manufacturing and Workshop Skills
- Creative Skills and Rendering
- Software Applications e.g. Inventor
- Practical craft classes
- Investigative/research-based learning
Written Assignments – Folio Development
Practical Assignments – to include model design and development