Drama

Picking your S3 Options and want to find out more about Drama, click on the link below to check out more information:

Drama Presentation

Why Drama?

If you are interested in Higher Drama and would normally have been in the class after your exams – please see the work Miss Downie is delivering below.

Week beginning 8th June

Hello everyone, I hope that you and your families are all staying well. The Bristol Old Vic are showing a free performance of ” A Monster Calls”  by Patrick Ness, this week. I would like you all to watch it before Thursday at 2pm when we will have our teams meeting and we will discuss the play as part of our performance analysis. Just google the play or go on You Tube.  Look at acting, design ideas and the way the director has presented it.

I would really appreciate if you could attend this week as I wanted to chat about your interests and thoughts for acting pieces next session and it means I can start thinking about what might suit you.

See you Thursday at 2pm for our online meeting in Teams!

Online learning material is being provided on Show My Homework for all Drama classes.

S1 – S3 are being asked to look at different tasks such as:

• Lockdown Monologue
  • Problem Solving
  • Performance Tasks

Certificated classes are also being provided with work related to their level of study. This is also on Show My Homework and is designed to help the pupil build up the repertoire of skills needed for their qualification.

If you need to contact a teacher from Drama you should do this via Show My Homework. If needed, you can also contact us via the following email addresses:

Ms Downie (PT Expressive Arts)

gw09downiecatherine@glow.sch.uk

Mrs Kerr

gw09kerrmarianne@glow.sch.uk

Mrs McRobbie

gw09dunnstacey@glow.sch.uk