School Update – Coronavirus
28th August 2020
Dear Parent or Carer,
Coronavirus Update – Face Coverings
As a school we are continuing to follow the recommendations of the Scottish Government, which now includes the wearing of face coverings at certain times in the school day. From Monday 31st August face coverings should also be worn by staff and pupils when:
- Adults and pupils are entering /leaving buildings, moving about the school in corridors and confined communal areas (including toilets), where physical distancing is difficult.
- Adults, young people and children aged 5 and over are travelling on dedicated school transport.
We appreciate that some staff and children and young people will be unable to wear a face covering for good reasons and that position will be respected. (A brief note from parents explaining this for affected pupils is requested. We will build up our own record of this for staff attention)
Staff and pupils should ensure they:
- Bring their own face coverings to school. (Avoid masks with logos/ designs that are inappropriate)
- Store these safely in a washable, sealable bag or container when not in use.
- Wash reusable face coverings in hot water at the end of each day.
- Safely and hygienically dispose of disposable face coverings after use.
Please remember that a face covering can be as simple as a scarf, snood or other piece of cloth which covers the nose and mouth.
Your support, as ever, in this matter of safety surrounding COVID-19 is greatly appreciated.
Keep safe and stay well,
Coronavirus ( COVID-19 ) – Brannock High School Update
The school maintains an excellent reputation and it is my intention to continue, to lead our school in this mould, and bring further success to those we serve.
Brannock High School opened on the 18th August 1982 and continues to provide an educational service for all children of secondary school age, including those with special needs within the Carfin, Holytown, New Stevenston and Newarthill area. The School is fully comprehensive in nature with an existing roll of six hundred and thirty nine students. The school building provides a pleasant working atmosphere and we continue to seek improvements to our facilities, to further enhance the teaching and learning experience of our young people.