We wish to enable the children of St John’s to do the best that they can and to achieve success using their individual gifts and talents. St John’s is a place where children can grow and develop in an atmosphere of encouragement and praise.
Goals and Values
Our Core values are: Respect, Honesty and Tolerance.
Our vision for the children and young people of Inverclyde is that they should be ambitious for themselves and be successful learners, confident individuals, responsible citizens and effective contributors.
To achieve our ambition of building Inverclyde through excellence, ambition and regeneration our children must be:
Safe: protected from abuse, neglect and harm by others at home, school and in the community.
Healthy: enjoy the highest attainable standards of physical and mental health, with access to healthy lifestyles.
Achieving: have access to positive learning environments and opportunities to develop their skills, confidence and self-esteem to the fullest potential.
Active: active with opportunities and encouragement to participate in play and recreation including sport.
Respected and responsible: involved in decisions that affect them, have their voices heard and be encouraged to play an active and responsible role in their communities.
Included: have access to high quality services when required and should be assisted to overcome the social, educational, physical, environmental and economic barriers that create inequality.
Nurtured: educated within a supportive setting.
Learning and growing together through faith, hard work and love to go safely on our way.
Respect – Ambition – Love – Patience – Honesty
Together we will:
- Establish an ethos of honesty in our words and actions.
- Respect each other, all faiths and the world around us.
- Create a caring and happy environment where we can develop our God given talents.
- Demonstrate patience and understanding to all in a supportive way.
- Provide opportunities to develop pupils’ personalities, talents and physical abilities in a variety of settings allowing them to reach their fullest potential in school and the wider community.