Visible Learning is an approach to learning and teaching.
“Visible Teaching and Learning occur when teachers see learning through the eyes of their students and help them become their own teacher.” (John Hattie )
In Aileymill we have embedded Visible Learning strategies across the school.
- The whole school community has a shared language of learning. This is used as a building block to support learning.
- Our Aileymill Learners are leaders of learning.
- Teachers know what they are teaching and learners know what they are learning
- Our pupils are working to become assessment capable learners who know where they are in their learning, where they are going next and how they are going to get there
- We use written and verbal feedback as a tool for improvement.