Winning the GIRFEC Hero mascot

The GIRFEC group helps to ensure that the whole school are SHANARRI (Safe, Healthy, Active, Nurtured, Achieving, Respected, Responsible and Included) but they needed a mascot to represent them.

The group decided that they would get the whole school involved and hold a mascot designing competition. Each pupil would get the chance to design a superhero, giving it a name and a special GIRFEC power.

Nearly everyone gave in an entry, which made it even harder for the GIRFEC group to decide on a winner. It was a very hard decision for them to make because everyone’s character was great.

Finally, the group was sure of a winner. They announced that I had won in front of the class and I couldn’t believe it!

At the start, I wasn’t going to enter but I’m glad I did because my design is now going to get spray painted on the gym hall wall along with the Funky 5 characters.

My hero is a friendly robot called GIRFEC GoBot. He has 8 arms, each holding a bottle with every letter of the word SHANARRI on them.

GIRFEC GoBot

To finish him off I added a red cape to his back. His power is being able to make every child that is not SHANARRI safe and healthy by skooshing them with the magic inside each of the different bottles. I can’t wait to see my character on the wall!

By Grace Thomson, P6