We love to blog!

Why blog?

Blog

Primary 6 had a class discussion about the benefits of blogging. Here are some of our thoughts!

• “It’s a good  way to share classroom and learning experiences” – Jenna
  • “We love to share photos and information about class events, topics and trips” – Aimee
  • “Celebrate our successes and achievement both inside and outside of school” – Elizabeth and Beth
  • “Keep our parents up to date with what we have been learning but it is also a good opportunity for us to interact with people in the wider community – even other countries! We know we have had lots of people from all over the world look at our blog” – Eve
  • “When we have had other adults such as Mrs Cannon, Mrs Edwards and Mrs McKay comment on the blog, we have found it very helpful because sometimes they give us tips and advice. They often encourage us to keep up the good work!” – Alexander and Emily
  • “Question of the Week is good because we get to learn about one another’s opinions and we also discuss these topics in our Talking and Listening Groups on a Tuesday. I like preparing for this because I get a chance to sit with my parents and discuss this week’s topic with them” – Josh
  • We are developing our literacy skills because when we are commenting on the blog we need to think about our audience and make it interesting and easy to read – Eve
  • “Many of us spend time on computers and tablets and this is another way to communicate and practise staying safe online” – Isla
  • “We enjoy discussing the post topics with our peers and asking them questions to further our understanding. We are really interested in what one another has to say. I like sharing my thoughts on what has happened in school”. – Peter
  • “Recently, we have decided that we will recommend our favourite books to one another and we are looking forward to writing some reviews” – Conor
  • “One of my favourite things about our class blog is that it gives us the chance to win Blogger of the Week and receive a prize” – Grace
  • “Going on to the blog regularly allows me to develop my typing skills. I want to get faster!” – Abigail
  • “I like going on the blog to see what everyone is posting and it makes me proud to see all that we have done this year” – Ross
  • “Writing a post helps us to reflect on what we have been doing throughout the week” – Grace
  • “When Mrs Falconer posts pictures, I enjoy showing my family” – Ewan

3 thoughts on “We love to blog!”

1. Brilliant post p6!
    Great list of ideas of how and why to use a blog,
    This will be really useful for less experienced bloggers in the bootcamp.
    I look forward to following your adventures, happy blogging!

2. What a great post! You have made a really good case for other classes starting a blog of their own. You have certainly been writing well for this audience!

PS Try using the “Featured image” feature to set the image you’ve uploaded as a featured image, then see what happens. There are more clever things you can do to make your blog highlight images – and they look great on mobile and tablets.http://codex.wordpress.org/Twenty_Fourteen