What Do Professionals Gain From Working On Academy9?

Academy9 as an education programme sets out to benefit all parties involved, learners, educators and industry professionals at all stages in their careers. 

Below some of our professionals give an insight into why being involved with Academy9 has been a positive experience for them. 

If you are keen to be involved in or start up a similar initiative in your work place then take a look at our How to guides for inspiration on how to get started. 

“My involvement with Academy9 has definitely helped to improve my public speaking skills. It was surprisingly daunting trying to capture the interest of school children at the start. Now it comes naturally, and that in turn has increased my confidence in presenting to people no matter their age!”  

Ellen Kane, Transport Planner, Jacobs 

“I’ve been delivering technical work on the A9 Dualling Programme for many years now. Even though it is on our doorstep, you sometimes need to be thrown into the project location to truly understand what this major infrastructure means for the communities and wider stakeholders. Academy9 certainly gives you that unique sense of perspective and understanding that other peers may not have.”  

Lloyd Walker, Proposal Coordinator, Jacobs 

“I’ve had the opportunity to take part in a variety of different Academy9 initiatives and have to say it really is one of the most fun and rewarding aspects of my job. Working with colleagues from a range of backgrounds and disciplines to deliver Academy9 has been an absolute pleasure, particularly when you can see how much the young people are enjoying and benefiting from it.”  

Juliette Linford, Ecologist, Atkins 

“Knowing that you are actively inspiring folks to take up STEAM subjects is very rewarding. It’s fascinating to see how one child can go from timid and shy at the beginning of the day, to confident and outgoing at the end of the day. You definitely know your work is done after seeing that!”  

Stephen Dawoud, Civil Engineer, Jacobs 

Share this Post