Maureen McKenna – COP26 Update

Message from Mrs McInally in relation to Maureen McKenna’s update on COP26:-

Please note the contents of the attached letter from Maureen McKenna which includes information about significant traffic restrictions which will impact on traffic to and from our school during COP26. Where possible, your child should use active travel methods to get to and from school (ie not being dropped off and picked up) as the roads in the north west of the city will be exceptionally busy.

MMcK – COP26 – General to schools

S1 First Term Video – September 2021

Message from Mr Quinn (S1 Year Head):

I hope you and your families are well and looking forward to the October holiday. It has been a very quick first term and I am delighted with how well our new S1 pupils have coped with the transition to secondary school and becoming fully fledged members of the St Thomas Aquinas community.

Individually, and as a cohort, they have been a pleasure to begin to get to know and I am looking forward to working with them even more over the coming months.  This term some of the highlights for S1, apart from learning the one-way system to travel about the school, have been participating in S1 retreats and our STEM Floating Wind Turbine Challenge earlier this week. Our #SuperS1 represented themselves, their families and our school superbly with their excellent manners, hard work and enthusiasm!

I would like to thank all of the members of staff who have worked so hard to bring these experiences to life for our year group. 

I look forward to seeing S1 again at 8.45am on Monday 18th October in full school uniform ready to begin a new term! 

In the meantime, have a look at some of the wonderful successes #SuperS1 have had so far in their learning journey in St Thomas Aquinas.