Wednesday April 29th

Good morning P6.

Hope you’re all doing well and keeping busy. It’s a bit rubbish now that the sun has gone and it has been replaced but this does mean that you can do lots of fun things in the house (bet you can guess what that is for me- yup it’s cleaning!) without feeling like you’re missing out on those rays!

Here are some tasks for you to try today. Remember if you’re looking for other subjects or something different you can always go back and look at previous blog posts. I definitely do not expect you to do each task each day, so feel free to send me stuff from previous days posts.

Literacy- Guided Reading

We are going to continue our guided reading sessions once a week. Since this week is mental health focus week Miss McCue has very kindly found an amazing text that is full of helpful advice. She has also recorded herself reading the text along for you to follow along with and asking you the questions. Be sure to listen along as she offers you some good advice to answering the questions.

You should be able to zoom in to read the text without the image becoming blurry. If any of you are having trouble reading this then send me an email and I will happily send you the text separately.

Here are the questions:

Here is the link to Miss McCue’s fabulous commentary

Topic- Modern Studies.

We are going to start a new topic this term which is a Modern Studies focus. It is important to know what modern studies is as it is a class you will take regularly in high school. As with any new topic, I want to know what you already know about the subject.

We cannot get any more modern that what is going on in the world right now, so that will be our focus.

Here is Miss Cohen explaining the term Modern Studies for you:

Here is some more information for you, some questions about terms you already know relating to modern studies and a KWL for you to complete.

As always, email me anything you want me to see on

gw16websterrebecca@glow.sch.uk

Have a lovely day

Miss Webster 🙂

2 thoughts on “Wednesday April 29th”

1. Hi Aamna. I’ll post your school email to the blog tomorrow and you can use that on your iPad to email me work