P1a

Class Teacher – Mrs Nicola Chilvers

Pupil Support Assistant – TBC

My name is Mrs Chilvers and I will be the class teacher of Primary 1a this year. I have been teaching in the infant department at Benarty Primary School for 7 years, and I am very much looking forward to helping the children be successful in their learning and building a positive environment. When not teaching, I enjoy house DIY, being outdoors and baking.

We will be working in room 10 this year. Pupils will line up outside the white door in the infant playground on the coloured spots.

Key Information:

• Gym Day – Thursday
  • Gatherings- Wednesday and Friday
  • Aspire – Friday Afternoon
  • Tuck Shop – Friday Morning

Dates for your Diary:

• Showcases – 03/10/23,   05/12/23,  13/02/24,   28/05/23
  • Bookbug – 13/11/23
  • Pantomime – Wednesday 13th December
  • Christmas Party -19/12/23
  • World Book Day – 07/03/24
  • Easter Service P1 + P2 – 27/03/24

Term 2

This term’s topic was Fairy Tales and children really enjoyed revisiting and experiencing a variety of Fairy Tales.  Children were able to read, discuss and sequence the tales as well as using role play and small world to act out the tales. In class we used a variety of media such as playdoh, junk modelling, sticks and paper to build houses and bridges from The 3 little Pigs and The 3 Billy Goats Gruff.

Term 3

Primary 1’s topic for this term is Scotland and children have enjoyed learning all about Scottish animals, music and landmarks. The children successfully and confidently learnt Scottish songs and poems and performed these as well as Scottish Dancing to parents on our Scottish afternoon on  Monday 19th February.

Just another blogs.glowscotland.org.uk – Fife site