Our Vision, Values and Aims

Our Vision, Values and Aims follow the schools  Vision, Values and Aims with adapted  actions to meet the needs of our youngest children.

Our Vision

Our Children, Our School, Our Community, Our Future

At Benarty nursery, we aim to provide all children with high quality and valuable learning experiences throughout their time with us. Staff are key to ensuring that we provide children with the best possible start to their educational career.

Our Values

We believe that nursery experiences should lead children to be confident, successful, responsible and effective learners.

Our values are embedded into the life of the nursery. “Together Everybody Achieves More”, team work is a vital part of achieving the best outcome for all children to strive and all staff should Aspire towards this by being “Ambitious, Successful, Persevering, Included, Respectful and Empowering.” We believe that encouraging these throughout the nursery learning environment will also help children to become the best possible learners they can be.

Ambition – I try my hardest in everything I do and I challenge myself to do new things.

Success – I know that the work I do will be recognised and all achievements will be celebrated.

Perseverance – I am a resilient person with an ‘I can’ attitude who will learn from mistakes to become even better.

Inclusion – I feel part of the community and have the opportunity to participate in a variety of fun learning.

Respect – I show kindness and look after everyone and everything.

Empower – I have the opportunity to lead my own learning and plan changes that will benefit the school and my future.

Our Aims

Focussed Priority 1:

Providing children with high quality learning experiences

This will be achieved through…

• Creating more opportunities for children to take part in number and maths play activities
  • Developing outdoor opportunities in the nursery garden and in the local community
  • Involving children in the resources we use in the nursery
  • Provide activities relating to STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths)

Focussed Priority 2:

Increase our links with families and pupil attendance

This will be achieved through…

• Work with families to support children attending nursery
  • Events organised for families to come into the setting

Focussed Priority 3:

Increase staff knowledge to provide better experiences for children

This will be achieved through…

• Referring to latest guidance, documents and other settings to improve and develop skills of EYO’s (Early Years Officers)
  • Develop and improve plans for supporting children with additional support needs
  • Provide quality interactions with children, taking relevant observations and providing next steps for children

Just another blogs.glowscotland.org.uk – Fife site