The Double A Trading Company in Cupar have a vacancy for an Apprentice Service Technician. This is an exciting opportunity to join a busy Service Department within the John Deere dealership. The successful candidate will split their time gaining practical experience at the Cupar depot combined with classroom-based learning at college: see below for details.
- Once competent, perform basic service tasks & develop skills in the removal, disassembly and re-conditioning of components.
- Work alongside and assist our Service technicians as required.
- Learn to maintain the condition of inventory, tools and equipment.
- Learn to maintain a clean work area and perform work in a professional, neat and orderly fashion.
- Learn to complete reports and forms required in conjunction with job assignments.
- Participate in online John Deere Service Training programs as required, for the development of skills and knowledge.
- Follows all safety rules and regulations in performing work assignments.
Skills & Qualifications
- Motivated to learn with a positive attitude.
- Ability to work individually but also in a team environment.
- Strong communication and IT skills.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Engineering qualifications would be an advantage.
Double A are Scotland’s leading Groundcare Equipment suppliers and are John Deere Turf dealers for Fife, Tayside, Clackmannanshire, Aberdeen and Aberdeenshire.. The company specialise in the sale and support of new and quality used equipment to Golf Courses, Local Authorities, Estates, Landscapers, Universities etc. There are depots in Cupar, Fife and Aberdeen.
Interested candidates should apply in writing to Alison Armitt. The closing date for applications is Friday 19th July, 2019.
Yesterday saw a number of S2 teams compete in a Dragon’s Den event to decide the winner of this year’s S2 Enterprise Challenge. Teams had to present their ideas to a panel of judges and respond to questions from the floor about their product.
After much deliberation, the team “Hear. Say. Smart” – Niamh Cromar, Kenzie Reid and Michael Joy – were awarded the win having pitched their idea for a clothing mounted camera which communicates to visually impaired people via means of an earpiece.
Thank you to Ryan Strachan (Graphic Designer), Mr Lownie, Lisa Giove (Head of Partnerships, St Andrews Links) and Charmaine Duthie (Business Development Manager at Jannetta’s Gelateria) for acting as judges.
Well done to all of the teams who took part in the competition.
Our partners Skills Development Scotland produce a weekly list detailing the apprenticeship opportunities and job vacancies within Fife. Keep up to date with newly released vacancies and apprenticeships via Facebook @SDSFife.
Also, check out the school’s Employability Twitter feed to find further opportunities and information about work experience, apprenticeships and employment opportunities.
Modern Apprenticeship opportunities
Updated on 18th June, 2019.
Fife Council have advertised online for a Modern Apprentice (MA) Digital Engagement Assistant (FIF13856) in the last few days. Closing date for applications – use the link below – is Sunday, 16th June.
The council have offered 2 previous MAs in this work area and are proud to report that both post-holders successfully completed their qualifications, securing full time, permanent posts within the Council on completion of the MA.
Additional qualifications, including the PDA Youth Work Award, are offered as part of the MA role. The main qualification gained as part of the MA is an SQA Diploma at SCQF Level 7 in Creative and Digital Media: offered through Dundee and Angus College.
Please see Miss C. Thomson as soon as possible if you’d like to apply for this opportunity.
Applications can be made via the MyJobScotland portal.
Any pupil who has elected to study YASS modules as part of their S6 curriculum next session will be asked to confirm the module they intend to study on Induction Morning being held on Friday, 31st May.
S6 pupils are asked to refer to the list of modules, see below, on offer and be ready to confirm the module they wish to study on Induction Morning.