Tag Archives: P1 Registration

Registering your child at Primary School

Choosing a School for your Son or Daughter  

East Renfrewshire Council has set up one week when you should register your son or daughter at your local primary school for school education in East Renfrewshire. You must register at your catchment school, even if you intend to make a placing request to another school or to defer your place and keep your son or daughter at home for another year. 

If you intend to educate your child privately or at home you should still register at your local catchment school. 

You may choose to enrol your son or daughter in either the local denominational or local non denominational school. This choice will determine the secondary school to which your child will transfer. 

If he or she is aged five between 1 March 2015 and the end of February 2016 you should go along to the primary school between 1.30 and 3.30 any day during the week of Monday 12 January to Friday 16 January 2015. 

You should bring your son or daughter’s birth certificate, your child benefit statement, a copy of your current council tax notice, and mortgage statement or rental agreement. The school can also accept, Driving Licence, Utility Bill or Bank Statement if the child benefit statement is unavailable.

Placing Requests 

Most school children attend their local primary or secondary school, but parents can choose to apply for a place for their son or daughter in another school. 

If you are interested in making a placing request for a school in East Renfrewshire and want to find out more, visit the council website at www.eastrenfrewshire.gov.uk/placingrequest where you can download a placing request form and information on the criteria used for prioritising placing requests where there are more requests received than places available. If you require any advice regarding making a placing request please contact Ann Nairn on 0141 577 3578. 

If you are interested in finding out specific information about a particular school you should contact the school directly or visit the East Renfrewshire Council website at www.eastrenfrewshire.gov.uk/schoolhandbook. If you want to make a placing request for your son or daughter for the school session beginning in August 2015 you should return your completed placing request form to Ann Nairn any time from 1 December 2014 and before 31 January 2015 by post to: 

PLACING REQUESTS, East Renfrewshire Council Offices, Education Department, 211 Main Street, Barrhead, East Renfrewshire G78 1SY or by email to: admissions@eastrenfrewshire.gov.uk 

Mhairi Shaw
Director of Education