P4 First Communion

Preparations are now well under way for the celebration of the Sacrament of First Holy Communion which, as you are aware, takes place on Saturday 12th May at 1pm. Our pupils have been working hard towards this and I am sure it will be a beautiful and very spiritual event.

Some additional information

Parents/Carers will accompany their child to the altar to receive the sacrament. This means that up to two seats will be reserved at the front of the Church for nominated persons per child. A seating plan is being organised to facilitate this and I would be grateful if you would return the attached slip you receive home tomorrow  by the 25th April. Other siblings should be seated with family members within the Church. During the final hymn the First Communicants will gather on the Altar for the official photograph. Following this they will meet with their parents to process down the aisle together.

Girls can wear veils as part of their outfit, if desired, however these should be worn back and not covering the face. Any accessories, such as gloves, bags etc should not be brought to their seats to avoid unnecessary distraction.

On 13th May at 10am Mass. our First Communicants can wear their outfits again and share their celebration with the wider Parish.

On the 3rd June children are invited to join the Parish for the Feast of Corpus Christi at 10am mass. Children can once again wear their outfits and are invited to lead the procession.

P1 Discovery Day Feedback

P1 DISCOVERY DAY FEEDBACK – THURSDAY 22ND MARCH

What did you like about today’s event?   What could we do better?  
Really enjoyed today, lots of good activities to try with Sophia, she loved showing me around her classroom.    
So much fun, what a great environment to work in and it is great to see a mix of traditional and technological methods.    
Lovely to spend time in the class with Lori.  Great to see what they’re doing.    
It was great spending time together.    
Great getting to see the kids in class and what they have been working on this term.    
Probably 1 hour isn’t long enough to complete all the tasks.  The use of technology is amazing for children of Mark’s age.  Very informative.    
Love it!    
I really enjoyed being able to watch what Jnr has been learning about.    
Daniel said ‘it was me best!’.  Learned some new things about Sea Life.    
Really informative, just not enough time.  Thanks so much.    
Good to see what the kids get up to.    
I have loved being invited into school today, to have a little insight into my Son’s life.    
A great afternoon, thanks.  Such a great school and learning opportunities.    
Great fun!    
Great afternoon seeing the kids in their own environment.    
We enjoyed seeing the different types of work Darcey has been doing.    
Love how interactive the children’s learning is now.  Great to see what the children are doing in the classroom.  Fab work!    
Great idea and very informative on how the children are learning.  So busy with tasks that we missed tea & coffee!    
It was great to see all the things Max has been learning in school.    

Pizza Numeracy Night Feedback

Yes No
Were arrangements and organisation satisfactory? 18 0
Were the format and the content of the evening helpful? 18 0
Please comment on the quality of the night: Great night, lots of learning and refreshing of numeracy.
  I felt it was beneficial to hear that it is ok to do things differently.
  It was excellent, brought up some old memories.
  Interesting to come to this.
  Good fun and very informative.
  Very enjoyable and informative.
  Fantastic night, so relaxed but so informative.
  Great to chat about maths to others and the different ways it can be done. Good to work with Anna too.
  High quality with well prepared materials.
  I enjoyed the session.
  We enjoyed the night, think the relaxed format worked well.
  Really good night. Perfect length of time.  Great for parents to see the teachings.
  Excellent.
  Very good.
  Quality was excellent and the subject was explained very well.
  Very good.
  Great, content was good and will definitely help with home work.
  It was a very relaxed and informative evening.
Please comment on the content: Very good.
  Very good.
  Seeing a variety of questions and the likelihood that we are going to have challenges in the future!
  Great content and examples. Lots t work through together.
  Very helpful.
  Very good. Possibly a bit advanced but certainly what the kids need to see.
  Think the content was enough to provoke discussion and let us see the differences between teaching methods.
  Maths teacher was excellent.
  Level of questions set about right in terms of mix of easy and hard.
  I am so pleased that someone has realised there is a huge problem with kids maths.
  Content was appropriate for the audience.
  Very informative, a good refresher.
  Excellent.
  It’s a great idea and good to see what Anna will be doing – good to generate discussion.
  Very beneficial, would do it again.
  Very good, took me back to my own school days.
  Excellent.
  The content was wide and varied and tested my abilities.   Had to remember how to do them.  This will allow me to help my daughter to better understand.
Other comments: Would like to continue this in future.
It would be good to have another night in the future.
Would like to attend another evening.
Really enjoyed the evening.
This was very helpful for both parent and child.
A very enjoyable night, thanks!
Very impressed with the whole night and feel better knowing that Mr Berry is at St Luke’s.
Would be great to attend more nights of this nature.
All very helpful – would appreciate more of the same as the children advance.
I would like to see these every couple of months. Each night concentrating on a specific style or topic.  E.g. fractions, long division, also other subjects like
English, going over things and refreshing knowledge.
Good night, thank you.
I’ve learnt to move the numbers rather than the decimal points to understand place values!
Informal and relaxed but informative.

GARDEN PROJECT

We need your help!

We have applied for funding to create an outdoor classroom that will feature a gathering area, mud kitchen, craft area and story circle. To receive the funding we need lots and lots of votes. It’s going to be a tough competition on the day, with lots of organisations and project all competing for a slice of the funding. The projects with the most votes, gets the cash!

Here’s what you can do.

Only adults can vote, so we need as many parents, carers, aunts, uncles, grannies and grandpas to drop-in at the event this Saturday, any time between 12:30pm and 2:30pm to cast your vote for our project. Feel free to spread the word to families and friends too! Full details and a look at our design are attached below.

A sneak Peek!

Josh from Young Enteprise created some digital drawings to bring our big idea to life…

Whole area view

Mud Kitchen

Gathering Area

Potting/Growing Area

Craft and Woodwork Area