Rights Respecting School
The pupils and staff in Saint John’s primary school renewed the UNICEF level 2 Rights Respecting Schools Award in 2017. We have now been a level 2 Rights Respecting School since 2007.
Every year we hold a Rights Respecting Schools week where we take part in various activities to do with children’s rights. Here are some of the things we do:
- We hold an assembly where our Rights Respecting Schools committee speak about the work we have carried out so far on children’s rights and what we still need to do.
- We invite people to come in from different organisations to speak to all the classes about the work they do on children’s rights.
- We learn games, dances and rhymes from around the world.
- We take part in quizzes to see how much we have learned about the UNICEF Rights Respecting Schools award and children’s rights.
- The Rights Respecting Schools committee will be putting up posters in the local community. These posters were made at their after-school club to raise awareness of children’s rights.
Let’s work together as a school community to keep our level 2 award!