East Renfrewshire schools will only be closed in extreme circumstances but in the event of severe disruption we have put the following strategies in place:
· If the school is closed during the course of a school day you will be contacted, in the first instance, by text message and email. Please ensure we have a current mobile phone number of a local contact on our records for this purpose. Please remember to let us know should your mobile or email address change during the course of the year.
· The text will ask you to make arrangements to collect your child as soon as possible.
· For those of you who live some distance away it would be beneficial, where possible, to have a contact close to the school for situations such as heavy snow fall (please notify the school).
· Your child will be kept here until someone comes for him/her.
· Once the school has been officially closed regular updates will be posted on the East Renfrewshire Council website and on the school’s website and Twitter.
Please click here for more information
East Renfrewshire Families can immediately access practical and emotional support
Parentline is Children 1st’s online digital and telephone support service, with 20 years experience in providing a lifeline to families across Scotland. Our highly trained staff and volunteers provide compassionate, solution-focused assistance to any family 365 days a year.
Parentline will be there for families through freephone, webchat, text or email as well as a menu of digital tools available via our website- outside office hours and without the need for referrals. Families can get straight through to Children 1st online. This can involve one-off or on-going support sessions, available over seven days every day of the year, including public holidays. Everyday parents and carers are calling about their concerns for their children, their children’s distress, or their own mental health, their family relationships, separation and divorce and often all of this and the toll its takes on them as parents and carers. Parentline is here to listen and help parents through and avoid getting to breaking point.
St. John’s Primary School
Early Learning and Childcare Open Day
Saturday 7 September 2019
Find out more about your nursery and childminding options
From August 2020, the Scottish Government is increasing the number of funded hours your child can get in Early Learning and Childcare from 600 hours to 1,140 hours a year, giving you more choice on when and where you use it. The increase in funded hours will be available to all three and four year olds and some two year olds.
So join us to find out more about what this means for you – and also enjoy fun activities and refreshments.
Staff from East Renfrewshire Council and all our funded providers, including nurseries and childminders, will be on hand to give you lots of information about which setting could best suit the needs of you, your child and your family.
Where: Carlibar Primary School, Barrhead Road
When: 10am – 1pm