Please find below information on Glow, Microsoft Office, Show My Homework, Google Classroom and how to keep your child safe whilst they are online.
For Parents/Carers – If you have any queries or require any digital help to support your child (e.g. Glow password reset/SMHW code), please complete this form and we will be in touch shortly.
The following guide will explain more about Glow and how your child can access this platform at home.
Microsoft Office Suite – FREE Download
Office 365 Pro Plus allows all Glow users to download the latest version of Microsoft Office on to a total of 15 home devices.
Barrhead High students should log on to Glow and click the Microsoft Office tile to obtain their FREE download.
Show My Homework
- All S1-S6 classes should be able to access Show My Homework.
- All learners will have a lesson with their Pastoral Teacher to re-cap the basics of SMHW and introduce to new S1.
- S1 parental letters have gone home by post on how to use SMHW. Any issues please call the school and we will organise support as we are unable to have our usual parental presentation in school.
- You will be able to see the due date for homework and we have asked that staff mark submitted/ not submitted for parents to monitor.
- Show My Homework Helpsheet – for Parents & Carers
- Show My Homework – Parent & Carer Video
- S2-S6 learners will now be part of a class or year group google classroom- this means that all work can be submitted digitally where possible, instead of on paper or in jotters.
- Learners will have a pastoral lesson to recap the use of Google Classroom and remind pupils how to use this on their own devices.
- Unfortunately, google classroom is still not accessible to parents without your child’s login. This is why we are continuing with SMHW to allow parents to have an overview of homework. Google classroom will be used by learners to access resources and assignments. SMHW keeps you updated. We will continue to review as technology and digital platforms develop.
Some guides that you may find helpful are:
- Google Classroom Pupil Guide
- Google Classroom Parent & Carer Guide
- How to upload an image to Google Classroom
- Video Conferencing in Microsoft Teams & Google Meet (Parent, Carer & Student Guide)
Staying Safe Online
However, educating your child to use the internet and social media in a safe and responsible way can be daunting.
Take a look at the following resources to ensure your child is safe while online and continues to enjoy the benefits that it brings.