Categories
Uncategorized

Home learning – week beg. 11th Jan

Morning everyone, I hope you are all well. Over the coming weeks you will be working from home this means doing some of the fun activities we do in school with your family at home. Each week I will post 4 activities to be completed throughout the week.  I hope you have fun.  You can …

Continue reading “Home learning – week beg. 11th Jan”

Morning everyone,

I hope you are all well. Over the coming weeks you will be working from home this means doing some of the fun activities we do in school with your family at home. Each week I will post 4 activities to be completed throughout the week.  I hope you have fun.  You can send photos of the completed tasks to my email

kayleigh.hill@eastayrshire.org.uk

Literacy- Writing and mark making

Have lots of fun this week mark marking, writing letters with help or on your own copying. You could fill a tray with rice or flour and make marks with your fingers or utensils from the kitchen.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/cbeebies/games/get-squiggling-letters-mobile

You could also have fun with this activity using a handheld device. Use your finger to copy the letters of the alphabet it is lots of fun.

Numeracy- Colour

Go on a colour hunt around your house. How many colours can you find? Do you have Lego or bricks or other toys that are different colours? Can you sort them? Make a pile of red, a pile of blue etc.

Health and Wellbeing- Edible faces

Have a think of what foods you can make a face on. You could use icing and fruit or sweets to make a face on a biscuit. You could use cheese and vegetables to make a face on a wrap pizza.

Art- Potato printing

Get an adult to cut a potato in half. You can then dip this in paint to create a picture. You can also cut out different shapes in the potato and make different patterns.