E-SGOIL EASTER STUDY SUPPORT 6TH-16TH APRIL

e-Sgoil is offering an Easter programme of real-time, interactive webinars covering Nat 4 to Advanced Higher, for Scottish learners in the Senior Phase. The programme is not designed to deliver whole course content but will focus on key aspects of the subject(s) and hints and tips on how to be successful in assessments.

From the 6th to the 16th April, there will be three Live Webinars per course. They will be delivering over 60 courses offering 3 webinars each, over 2 weeks. All the pupils who are already registered for e-Sgoil Study Support in the evenings will be included in the Team but will have to register for e-Sgoil Easter Study Programme. Webinars will use a ‘flipped learning’ approach. This means that young people will have had access to high quality, online resources prior to attending each webinar.

WEEK 1: 6TH – 9TH TH APRIL

• Start times are from 1 p.m. – 5 p.m. each day.
  • Subject Webinars will take place on Tuesday/Thursday or Wednesday/Friday e.g. Maths could be at 2.00 p.m. on Tuesday and Thursday and French at 4.00 p.m. on Wednesday and Friday.
WEEK 2: 12TH – 15TH APRIL
  • e-Sgoil Easter study support webinars will be running as per the existing e-Sgoil evening webinar schedule. Additional webinars will be arranged to match week 1 provision.
GENERAL INFO
  • The focus for the webinars will be on helping pupils succeed in SQA assessments.
  • Resources will be posted in the Webinar teams and they will either be SQA past papers or assessments as well as any relevant materials from West OS and the Supported Learning materials from NeLO.
For more information or to book a place, pupils should visit http://www.e-sgoil.com/easterstudysupportsessions2021/

School App Reminder

Please remember to download the school app to stay up to date with the latest news from Stewarton Academy.

Search for ‘school app for parents’ on your phone’s app store platform, select Stewarton Academy and select the year groups and filters you wish to receive information for. We recommend selecting whole school and the specific year groups of your child(ren).

HT School Update for Parents and Pupils – Soft Start and Full Return Arrangements

Good afternoon,

On the back of East Ayrshire Council’s communication with you yesterday, I am writing today to give parents and pupils details of our soft start arrangements for week beginning Monday 10th August and to provide more general information for our full pupil return from week beginning Monday 17th August.

You can access the letter by clicking on either the Microsoft Word or PDF link below:

Stewarton Academy School Return Letter to Parents Aug 5th (MS Word)

Stewarton Academy School Return Letter to Parents Aug 5th (PDF)

I appreciate that there is a lot of information in the letter and have tried to strike the balance between giving you enough information to have confidence in our arrangements for return and not overwhelming our pupils and parents. Please take the time to read the guidance from EAC and our letter today thoroughly and to visit the website link for catering arrangements hyperlinked in my letter.

Further communication will follow in the days and weeks to come as some of our arrangements are adapted and I urge you to please ensure you have downloaded the school app and selected the appropriate year group notifications.

Despite the difficult times we have faced and significant mitigations being undertaken to maximise staff and pupil wellbeing and safety, I am very excited to be welcoming our young people back into school.

Thank you again for your continued support,

Ryan Miller

Head Teacher

SQA Results, Support and Appeals – Update for Pupils and Parents

Good afternoon,

I have written to pupils and parents this afternoon with an update ahead of SQA certification tomorrow. The update contains a good luck message, information on support available for pupils and guidance on the SQA appeals process. You can access the letter via the school app or by clicking on either the Word or PDF document links below:

SQA results, appeals and support letter for parents and pupils (Word)

SQA results, appeals and support letter for parents and pupils (PDF)

Remember to visit our Twitter page to access more information from our partner agencies that will be on hand to offer pupils support from tomorrow.

Wishing you the best of luck tomorrow,

Mr Miller

Head Teacher

Stewarton Academy Arrangements for Pupil Return in August 2020

Good morning,

Following last night’s communication from East Ayrshire Council, I am happy to share with you Stewarton Academy’s model and arrangements for pupil return from August. You can click the links below to access my letter to parents and pupils, and a document outlining the detailed arrangements for pupil return in August.

I strongly encourage you to read all three documents linked in this message to gain a full understanding of our model for return, the rationale that underpins it and the issues to which we still await clarification.

The communications are lengthy and there is a lot of information to absorb but I hope the detail provided leaves you with a sense of clarity and confidence in our plans as we move forward.

I want to thank you for your overwhelming support over the last few months and to pay tribute to the work of my staff in getting us to this point with a model and offer I am proud of under the current circumstances.

I hope you and your family continue to be safe and well as we head into a much-needed weekend.

Ryan Miller
Head Teacher

Weekly Curriculum Planners – w/b 15th June

Good afternoon,

With two school weeks remaining, the curriculum grids below will be the final ones we publish before the summer holidays to ensure that pupils have time to get feedback on their work from teachers during the final week of term. As a result, we have extended the deadline for pupils to complete and submit this work to Wednesday, 24th June.

S2 15th June 2020

S3-15-June-2020

S4-15-June-2020

S5/6 15th June 2020

Further updates will follow at the end of this week and beginning of next week about plans for return in August. I also look forward to meeting with the Parent Council on Tuesday and will share with all parents the update I provide for them via the website and app.

You have been nothing short of fantastic in your support of us throughout this school closure period and I could not be more appreciative. I also want to re-iterate how proud I am of the staff for their work and of the pupils for their engagement under such testing circumstances.

Have a good week, and take care,

Ryan Miller

Head Teacher

Head Teacher Letter to Primary 7 Parents

Good afternoon,

I have written to all Primary 7 parents this afternoon ahead of their children joining us as our new S1 cohort in August. Some of the detail may be pertinent or of interest to our current parent body, and you can access a copy of the letter at the following link:

https://blogs.glowscotland.org.uk/ea/public/stewartonacademysite2016/uploads/sites/4005/2020/06/11133437/Stewarton-Academy-Letter-to-P7-parents.pdf

Kind regards

Ryan Miller
Head Teacher

East Ayrshire Council Message: August return dates for teachers and pupils

Please see the below message from East Ayrshire Council

​​​​​​​Dear Parents/ Carers and Young People,

Following a meeting today with the professional associations at council level, we are now in a position to advise of the return dates for all schools in EAC.  Teachers will return on 11th August for an inservice day and pupils will return on Weds 12th August.  Clearly not all pupils will return physically to school on that day and we will advise you as soon as possible around physical attendance patterns for our young people.  We hope that you will find this information helpful at this time, and we will issue further information about remaining term dates for 20/21 in due course.

Weekly Curriculum Planners – w/b 8th June

I hope you have had a nice weekend in the sunshine and are enjoying seeing more of your friends and family in line with the latest government advice.

With our timetable changing last week, this is the first home learning curriculum grids for the new timetable. Remember, if you were in S1 last year, you are now in S2 and should be accessing that curriculum planner. S2 pupils from last year will be accessing S3 grids now and so on. The links to the grids are below.

S2 – 8th June 2020

S3 – 8 June 2020

S4-08-June-2020

S5/6 – 8 June 2020

Apart from that, the system should be very familiar to you, with the work posted on Microsoft Teams and your teachers ready to support you with your work this week. It is vital that you engage with as much as you can this week as many of your subjects will be introducing new courses or levels of work and, for some of our cohorts, introductions to your new subjects. As always, the mantra is to ‘do what you can, when you can’ but I would ask that you make that extra effort to engage with your teachers on Teams. Let them know what you are doing, say hello to them and submit your work for feedback. All of this will help to minimise the gaps when we return in August.

Please take the time to read the grids carefully. To our fantastic parents, I want to thank you again for your support of learning at home. I know it is not easy and the only people that want to your children back to school more than you is us! Please do not allow this work to become a source of friction or anxiety at home. Do what you can to encourage and support and let us know if you need anything.

I will be in touch over the coming days and weeks with information about August as it becomes available. If all else fails, remember, summer is just around the corner!

Take care

Ryan Miller

Head Teacher