Primary 1 Online Learning

Monday 1st of March 2021

Check in phone calls took place this afternoon to update parents on their children’s return to school. If you were unable to take the call please do not hesitate to get in touch through email or phone.

For World Book Day this year pupils are being asked to talk about their favourite book at home. Can all parents please email to let us know their child’s favourite book for activities that will be taking place in class.

On Thursday pupils are invited to dress up as a character from a book or dress down. Can all children please dress appropriately for the weather as Primary 1 will be going on the “WBD Character Chase” around the village.

Thank you! 🙂

Friday 19th February

A huge thank you to everyone who joined us on Vscene this morning. I am so excited to welcome you all back to the classroom on Monday. We will be starting at the earlier time of 8:50am to reduce traffic. Children can be collected from the top gate at 2:50pm. Please see the School App for more details.

I would like to say a HUGE thank you to both parents and pupils for all their hard work and perseverance during this challenging time. Thank you for all of your continued support. We look forward to seeing you on Monday 😊

Miss McGhee

Thursday 18th February

Good morning pupils and parents we are delighted to hear that Primary 1-3 will be able to return to school on Monday the 22nd of February- more details on the School App.

Attached below is this week’s learning grid and an invitation to our last ever Vscene session. We are celebrating our return to school with a ‘party’- some dancing, music and games. You might even want to wear your party clothes 🙂

As always- do not hesitate to get in touch: shannon.mcghee1@eastayrshire.org.uk 

Primary 1 Learning Grid 15.02

Friday 12th February 

Happy Friday, Primary 1. We look forward to seeing you on Vscene for ‘Feedback Friday’ at 10am. Today on our learning grid we are completing some numeracy work and having a go at writing using speech and thought bubbles.

A HUGE thank you to everyone who completed the outdoor survey. Below is a word art image of your responses to “If you could choose one thing to add to the outdoor area, what would it be?”
The outdoor garden, den and seating area were the most popular ideas along with scooters.

Don’t forget we are on holiday on Monday, inservice days- Tuesday/Wednesday and will return to remote learning on Thursday the 18th of February. Have a wonderful holiday- I hope the winter sun continues to shine. Thank you for all your patience and perseverance during this difficult time.

Good morning boys and girls! We had a fantastic turn out yesterday for Wild Wednesday and I would like to say a huge thank you to Ross our active schools coordinator for joining us.

Today Miss McGhee would like you to focus on the reading activities set and complete some practical fractions activities in maths. In today’s video I talk through our Bugclub online reading resource and its benefits. Please continue to contact me if you need any support to login.

Have you visited the science room in our virtual classroom yet? Head there to learn more about the power of soap and the important work that’s taking place to roll out the vaccine. We even received a video from the NHS and the National Clinical Director, Jason Leitch. To say thank you to the NHS & local doctors and nurses at the Riverside Medical Group, Miss McGhee is looking for “thank you” video messages or pieces of artwork. Please send all ‘thank you’ entries to shannon.mcghee1@eastayrshire.org.uk by Friday.

We look forward to seeing pupils tomorrow for ‘Feedback Friday’ where we will reveal our ‘Star Leaners of the Week’ on Vscene at 10am

Miss McGhee

https://glowscotland-my.sharepoint.com/:v:/g/personal/eashannon_mcghee1_glow_sch_uk/EQNri6IDUXxKkqPcYdIP5xwB7I9CtrtNa-4sw1jZtmjhqA?e=EUDLir

Wednesday 10th February

It’s WILD Wednesday! We can’t wait to see you on Vscene at 10am- don’t forget to wear your gym clothes and something silly (if you want to) Today we will be taking part in a ‘Wednesday Workout’ with our extra special guest.

Follow along with today’s video to learn more about fractions- half, whole and quarters. Miss McGhee has even roped in some minions to help. 💛
Miss McGhee

————————————

We have created a community trail around Patna and it would be great to see you all take part!

The trail has lots of activities to try as well as seeing what all the children at Patna have been doing for Children’s Mental Health Week.
All you need is a smart phone/tablet which connects to the internet (your school iPad won’t work as it doesn’t have internet outside).
If you take part, try and take some photos and share them with us!

Have fun!

Tuesday 9th February 2021

Today Primary 1, we are learning the new sound “ch” and consolidating in maths. Don’t forget to watch Miss McGhee’s video below.

It is also ‘Safer Internet Day’ today so why not visit our virtual classroom and choose the ICT suite where you can learn how to stay safe online.

As you will remember, on Friday we asked you for some ideas for our outdoor area. You had some super ideas on the Vscene call! Can you complete this short survey, rating these ideas out of 5 please? Think really carefully about your answers.

Thank you!

https://glowscotland-my.sharepoint.com/:v:/g/personal/eashannon_mcghee1_glow_sch_uk/EfGe5LVCBlRKtNESxoUBUVEBj75a1Q6HbPfBmBHpcXK1rA?e=F4DC9y

Complete the survey here: Outdoor Infant Area (office.com)

Monday 8th February 2021

Good morning, Primary 1 pupils and parents. I look forward to checking in with families today on the phone. This week we have our weekly learning grid with literacy and numeracy activities along with access to our new virtual classroom. You can visit the gym hall, ICT suite and science room. This week I am looking for ‘thank you pictures/ photographs or videos’ from pupils to send to the NHS who have kindly made us a video to explain how the vaccine works for our ‘ virtual science room’. I will also be sending these pictures to the local nurses and doctors at the Riverside Medical Practice in Patna to say thank you for helping roll out the vaccine in our local community. If there is any way I can provide support or extra resources please let me know and don’t forget to keep in touch.

Primary 1 Learning Grid Overview 08.02.21
With live links: https://glowscotland-my.sharepoint.com/:w:/g/personal/eashannon_mcghee1_glow_sch_uk/EYR9k6k7KIhLnMgq3bQCp-sBtp962VNP_aEcQIgU23af_A?e=ovsxYm

Live links: Primary 1 weekly template literacy 08.02
shannon.mcghee1@eastayrshire.org.uk

Click on the picture above to go to the virtual classroom 

Miss McGhee

*Apologises we got cut off on Vscene boys and girls – the theme for WILD WEDNESDAY next week is ‘Workout Wednesday’ with a very special guest. This guest loves to exercise and we haven’t been able to see them in a while… any guesses on who it might be? *

Friday 5th February 2021

Don’t forget we have our ‘Feedback Friday’ session on Vscene at 10am. The link is available on the school app and I have also forwarded the link to all the parent’s email addresses I have at the moment. Don’t forget to send pictures of you participating in the Head Teacher’s Challenge this week as well as photographs or videos of your work.
shannon.mcghee1@eastayrshire.org.uk

Attached today is  the story called ‘The Lion Inside’ which I hope reminds you of how brave you are Primary 1! Why not choose some some activities to complete from the grid below.

I would like to end the week by thanking both pupils and parents. My fingers are crossed for a return to school some time soon. In the meantime- look after yourself and each other.

Miss McGhee

Thursday 4th February 2021

Well… what fun we had on Vscene yesterday! It was fantastic to see everyone that was able to join us. For literacy today please try to access Bugclub and read from the document attached. In numeracy I look forward to seeing your posters about odd and even numbers. Keep visiting our virtual classroom to access our Mythical Creatures activities. New health and wellbeing activities have been uploaded- please send a photograph of you spending time outdoors or relaxing as part of Mrs McPhail’s Headteacher challenge. I have also added Mrs Yorston’s special thank you message for all Patna pupils.

Keep working hard, Primary 1! 😎

Miss McGhee

Wednesday 3rd February 2021

Good morning all. Today you should practice your new spelling words and also give yourself a quick spelling test from last week. Don’t forget to watch the common word video lesson on the learning grid. In numeracy we are moving on to learn about how to find half of an amount. Our health and wellbeing task today is to listen to the story of The Worrysaurus and choose an activity from the grid below. Don’t forget to send photographs of your work via email. I can’t wait to see everyone on Vscene at 10am- wear something silly, meet our special guest and take part in the scavenger hunt!

Miss McGhee 🙂

Tuesday 2nd February 2021

Today on our learning grid we are learning the new sound “th” and revising money with some ICT games. I have also attached a well being activity grid so remember to take some time to relax in the afternoon.

Miss McGhee

Monday 1st February 2021

Good morning, Primary 1 pupils and parents. It’s a brand new week. This week is Children’s Mental Health Week and to support this Mrs McPhail’s Headteacher Challenge is to reduce our screen time. In a bid to reduce screen time we will not be sharing daily videos- instead we have provided some outdoor activities this week and will be uploading activities that promote health and well being each day.

Attached below is our weekly learning grids and also an invite to our weekly live Vscene sessions. Please don’t forget to visit our virtual classroom to learn all about Mythical Creatures.

Keep in touch & don’t forget to send an email with all of your wonderful work so I can provide some feedback. I look forward to hearing from everyone during ‘check in’ phone calls today.

Miss McGhee

Outdoor Learning Link:
https://glowscotland-my.sharepoint.com/:b:/g/personal/eashannon_mcghee1_glow_sch_uk/EdLBuO4ito5EreeFLsV48p8Bkp_HLSCWOp3vprxcsDELLw?e=sn741D

Primary 1 Overview grid  01.02

Friday 29th January 2021

Happy Friday everybody! Thank you to all parents and carers for their continued support this week. We could not do it without you- you are amazing! Find today’s lesson video and grid learning below. Don’t forget to think about your own wellbeing and try to take a break away from screens this afternoon. It is Friday after all! I hope you have a wonderful weekend Primary 1 and get to spend some time doing something that you enjoy. I’ll be in touch with ‘check in’ phone calls on Monday and look forward to hearing from you then.

Miss McGhee

https://glowscotland-my.sharepoint.com/:v:/g/personal/eashannon_mcghee1_glow_sch_uk/EZNbN6ooIv5GsUIrXgTPoNUBpessKtC2cz8_C8q7eS7gsA?e=LCK7rs

Don’t forget new resource packs are ready for collection from outside the school.

Thursday 28th January 2021

https://glowscotland-my.sharepoint.com/:v:/g/personal/eashannon_mcghee1_glow_sch_uk/EZNS7FPp6WFOh7xhDJuW52oBOw2lyEub44vvHDHKfsAuUQ?e=ud8PT6
If anyone needs help to access Bugclub or a reminder of their username and password please let me know.

Don’t forget to take part in the Headteacher’s Challenge this week.
The challenge is to spread kindness in the community. Everyone is being asked to contribute by sending a positive quote, message or artwork which will make people smile. Don’t forget to send in your entries.

Wednesday 27th January 2021

Head to our virtual classroom to learn about mythological creatures! Well done to everyone who joined us on Vscene this morning- you were fantastic at playing the game and answering our clues. Remember… click the big red button in the classroom if you dare. If you feel like some outdoor learning head outside to the outdoor area. See you there!

—————

Follow the link on the School App to join in with today’s live session. We will be playing some games and revealing our new topic. Don’t forget new school packs are available from outside the school today. Hope to see you at 10am. Keep up all the amazing work!

https://glowscotland-my.sharepoint.com/:v:/g/personal/eashannon_mcghee1_glow_sch_uk/EfKn0VczytpIqg6asSYNHpkB5ZbOprbk0jFjIZAyb201UA?e=XLLoPa

Tuesday 26th January 2021

A huge thank you to everyone who sent in photographs or videos from our Scottish virtual classroom. We have put them into a video for everyone to take a peek- click on the picture below. To celebrate Burns Night we also have Irn Bru and biscuits available outside the school- so don’t forget to pop by on your daily walk.  New home learning packs will be available for collection from Wednesday. Live sessions will also go ahead on Wednesday at 10am- we hope to see you there.

Miss McGhee

https://glowscotland-my.sharepoint.com/:v:/g/personal/eashannon_mcghee1_glow_sch_uk/EVPUwfrxQT1PjROKk6bpZjoBEZnG6rYdU2W1H8kAaNg6Fg?e=2OUY5f

Click here on the picture:

Monday 25th January 2021

A new week of learning- let’s do this!

Please check out this week’s learning grid. Today we are practicing dictated sentences, handwriting and starting to learn about money in maths. I have also included a story in Scots language since it’s Burns Night tonight. Simply click on the picture “Neeps and Tatties” to read the story. New home learning packs will be available from Wednesday this week. I look forward to hearing from you all during ‘check in’ phone calls today.

Miss McGhee

Click here to access:
Week 3 Learning Grid Overview

Friday 22nd of January 2021

https://glowscotland-my.sharepoint.com/:v:/g/personal/eashannon_mcghee1_glow_sch_uk/EUQVJuXyRg1Ht7989_amCaQB3T5D_YNz5vaC4j0KBxfNOA?e=mM97j7

A huge thanks to everyone who joined us on our first live session this morning. It was a real treat to speak to you all. We have gathered together all your thoughts and suggestion for our new IDL topic. Please don’t forget to send in all your pictures and videos from this week. I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend. You are doing brilliantly boys and girls and should be very proud of yourself.

Happy Friday!

Miss McGhee

Thursday 21st January 2021

https://glowscotland-my.sharepoint.com/:v:/g/personal/eashannon_mcghee1_glow_sch_uk/EfL_h656kfBPuIaB1ZE6zgcBheqIL0g9O0H6Xohqh2H1EQ?e=BwrCf0

Hello everyone, I hope we have all had a chance to access our Scottish virtual classroom. Miss McGhee is still looking for photographs or videos of you singing the song “If It Wisnny Fur Yer Wellies”. Why not go a wee walk in your wellies and have some fun puddle jumping. All photographs will be used for Twitter to celebrate Burns Night.

** I’m so sorry Primary 1 pupils and parents that we had technical issues with Vscene this morning. I cannot apologise enough to everyone who tried to join in this morning- it’s disappointing for pupils, parents and teachers! We are going to try our best to set up a new link for Friday- I thank you for your patience and perseverance and hope you can try to join us again on Friday at 10am. More info to follow on school app as we try our best to resolve this!**
Wednesday 20th January 2021

We can’t wait to see you at 10am for our first live session on Vscene. We will be exploring our new topic Scotland. Please click on the picture below to enter our virtual classroom! All P1-3 pupils are encouraged to learn about Scotland and participate in the activities- hear a story in Scots with Miss Richmond, study Charles Rennie Mackintosh with Miss Connelly and get baking some shortbread with Miss McGhee.

https://glowscotland-my.sharepoint.com/:v:/g/personal/eashannon_mcghee1_glow_sch_uk/EUBbcqM0abpDmOJIkPVoXlYB3T28oWybrx8QCOjcoPZ5yg?e=tS9Ori
Tuesday 19th January 2021

https://glowscotland-my.sharepoint.com/:v:/g/personal/eashannon_mcghee1_glow_sch_uk/EQHvJ_yrY9BMojrdNet2CBIBGO6tOKjHg5uCO50FxZoSOw?e=lmYvLm

In today’s phonics lesson we will be revising the sounds ‘y’ and ‘z’. Access the thinglink hyperlink on the leaning grid to choose from a variety of follow on literacy activities. Details were shared yesterday during phone calls on how to access our new Bug Club logins. All Bug Club accounts are now live! Which book will you read first?

I can’t wait to see Primary 1 pupils tomorrow at our first live session on Vscene- remember every Wednesday and Friday at 10am!

Please get in touch if you need extra support to get set up. A notification with more details will go out on the School App today.

Miss McGhee

Monday 18th January 2021

Good morning Primary 1 parents and carers. I look forward to hearing from you all during ‘check in’ phone calls which will take place today. Attached are this week’s remote learning grids- we are introducing new learning this week. Please let me know if you have any trouble accessing any of the hyperlinks. Video lessons will follow Tuesday-Friday. This week we also have exciting live sessions on Vscene.

Miss McGhee

Learning Grid Lit & Num 18.01.21

Extra resources 18.01.20

Friday 15th January 2021
https://glowscotland-my.sharepoint.com/:v:/g/personal/eashannon_mcghee1_glow_sch_uk/EY1CamlVEOJGvTb_rVIyqqAB9OKB09bkzVoc9Uo7s03h8Q?e=3ePpAW

We survived week one of remote learning. Thank you for everyone’s support and patience this week. Primary 1 pupils you have been fantastic- keep sending emails, questions and photographs of you working hard at home. Next week we will be hosting two live check in sessions on Vscene. Check in phone calls will take place on Monday with more details on how to access this. Look forward to hearing from everyone on Monday. As ever, thank you for all your continued support.

Miss McGhee

Thursday 14th January 2021

https://glowscotland-my.sharepoint.com/:v:/g/personal/eashannon_mcghee1_glow_sch_uk/EbLxZBM-h79BmuymqTgzdx8BmJ3dFn3KNU3xKKI7UYSzbw?e=PjkvBZ

Hi Primary 1,
Here’s the link to today’s 2D and 3D shape lesson- hope you enjoy the song and quiz! This week as been mostly revision after our extended holiday but next week when we get off the ground we will be introducing new concepts. Don’t forget to challenge yourself and go for the red hot chilli challenges if you can. If you feel like you would benefit from some extension activities don’t hesitate to get in touch.

We’ve got this!

Miss McGhee

Wednesday 13th January 2021

https://glowscotland-my.sharepoint.com/:v:/g/personal/eashannon_mcghee1_glow_sch_uk/EbP-wqar9B1Dq9v1r0c84LAB8COensQmZxJ9YCilBq0-IA?e=vw9Ba5

Good morning everyone,
(I’m so sorry today’s lesson is missing an introduction!)
Wednesday already and half way through the week. I hope everyone has been enjoying learning in this new way. A huge thank you to all of you who have already been in touch through email.
Today we are using our ten frame trains and revising our number bonds to 10.

Miss McGhee

Tuesday 12th January 2021

Click here for today’s phonics lesson:

https://glowscotland-my.sharepoint.com/:v:/g/personal/eashannon_mcghee1_glow_sch_uk/Ecf0l8NziRlBqmUAINg2dNAB4cSR1J1kxM5S09gBjlGJ6g?e=XkmNXq

Good morning parents and pupils.
Here’s today’s phonics lesson which also includes a guide for parents and carers on how to access the “thinglink” phonics resource. Please let me know how you get on or if there is anything I can possibly support you with. You can do it!

Miss McGhee

Monday 11th January 2021

Hi everyone!

Just to let you know P1 Home Learning Packs have been made today. These will be available for collection from Tuesday till Wednesday 9-3pm. Please take what you need.

Miss McGhee 🙂

Online Learning Grids
Week One 11.01.21

Click here to access this week’s learning grids
Extra learning resources 11.01.21
Overview Learning Grid 11.01.21

If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me by email (shannon.mcghee1@eastayrshire.org.uk) or use the contact form box below. We would love to hear from you!