JRSO final update for this session

I would like to say a huge THANK YOU to Arran, Finn, Aimee & Rosie for their dedication and hard work over the last year. They have made my job as JRSO Co-Ordinator a privilege. I have been very lucky to be supported by them. Thank you also to our Sub Team who helped with assemblies and poster making. Your help was extremely valuable on our journey.

Here is just a small re-cap of what has been achieved in a short space of time.

They organised this years’ Hands up for Scotland Survey and presented at many assemblies promoting all things to do with road safety. They created and ran a campaign for safer parking in and around our school grounds. They supported our Parent Council with new parking signs as well as producing many informative notice boards that are displayed in the gym hall full of valuable information for our pupils. They also created a Road Safety Charter back in August incorporating the families of our school. We were successful in receiving a Road Safety Magic Show for P1-P4 (which was well received and great fun). They signed up for the Big Walk and Wheel fortnight as well as the recent Walk to School week. On top of all this, they have kept an informative floor book of their JRSO journey.

My proudest moment was when one of the HMIE Inspectors joined one of our weekly meetings back in January and the feedback from her was that our JRSO Team was the best she had ever seen in Scotland as well as our floor book being very detailed and capturing our journey so far. She said we should be very proud of ourselves.

Such a jam-packed year they’ve had and their last duty was to choose next years’ new team. Together, they wrote application forms, spoke to the Primary 5 pupils and interviewed all of the applicants.

They have now chosen your new JRSO Team and I look forward to introducing them to you in the new term in August.

Thank you to everyone for their continued support.

Miss McMillan