Reminder – Coronavirus Symptoms guidelines

Please remember that if your child has new symptoms of coronavirus (persistent cough, high temperature, and/or loss of taste or smell), they must not attend school for 10 days after the onset of symptoms. However, if they are tested and receive a negative result they can normally return to school immediately unless a high temperature is present, in which case they should still stay away from school for 48hrs after their temperature has normalised without the use of medication used to suppress fever. Please also note that pupils will be required to isolate for 14 days if another member of their household has symptoms, unless they themselves are tested for coronavirus.

I understand the pressures parents/carers are under to send their children to school and I am aware of the difficulties placed upon parents/carers when children are unable to attend school. However, it is critically important at this time that we adopt a cautious approach to managing the risks from coronavirus, and make our school as safe as we possibly can for our staff and our young people.

Your support in being vigilant to any new symptoms of coronavirus and acting in line with the current Government guidance helps us create that safe environment we are all working hard to maintain and for that I am grateful to you all.

Kindest Regards

Carole McConville, Head Teacher