We had a fantastic turnout for this year’s Kirkcolm 51st annual fundraising mini walk on Saturday.
Pupils and families from all three schools were invited to participate to help support their schools. There were entrants from nursery age to adults walking the 7.37km route together; some competitively and some just for fun.
First, second and third places are awarded for the boys and girls completing the course in the quickest time. The results are as follows:
- George Keith – Kirkcolm P6
- Danny Dougan – Kirkcolm P4
- Ivan Turtle – Kirkcolm P3
- Ruth Turtle – Kirkcolm P7
- Olivia Turtle – Kirkcolm P6
- Izzy White – Portpatrick P6
The route followed along the Corsewall Estate Coastal Path. A very well done to everyone who walked or ran the course!
There has been a fantastic response to the fundraising effort; with each school hitting their target! The money will be put to very good use for each school to give children enjoyable experiences after a difficult year.
Our grateful thanks go out to so many people who helped organise and support the event:
- Our parents and families who planned and organised the mini-walk
- The Carrick-Buchanan and Milroy family for their kind permission to walk on their land
- The volunteer marshals
- Lidl and Tesco for the donation of refreshments
- The Free Press who covered the event
- and to ALL the children and families who fundraised and participated to raise money for our three fantastic wee schools! We applaud each and every one of you who took part.
Have a look at the fabulous photos courtesy of Jemima Johnstone. See you next year! 🙂
Here are some action shots with our very enthusiastic participants