The Magic Castle

Hello! On Monday we started our new topic called The Magic Castle.

Β On Monday we started making the paneling for the wall. We painted pieces of paper brown then we painted knots on the paper with black paint to make the paneling look more realistic.

On Tuesday we put more detail on to the panels with black paint.

On Wednesday we put the panels up on the wall. We also wrote an ink letter so the classroom felt and looked a little older.

On Wednesday we started making trifolds about The Secret Panel. We had to write information about the secret item that was inside the panel. We all got to make up what is inside the panel so every one’s stories will be different.

On Thursday we continued making our trifold about The Secret Panel.

Our classroom is not looking muchΒ like a castle yet but it soon will!

We would love it if you could leave a comment so please leave one below! πŸ˜€

24 thoughts on “The Magic Castle”

1. It sounds like you have all been very busy! I can’t wait to see how all the classrooms on the top floor will look once they are transformed. We’ll have to have a think about how we can decorate the landing.

2. I’m really looking forward to this topic boys and girls, I think it’s going to be great. There’s going to be lots of opportunities for you to make decisions and I’m sure the class is going to really take shape as a castle over the coming weeks.

3. I am really looking forward to the rest of the topic and learinig more about the topic.We do very creative things like the wood paneling on the wall and the secret panel ect.

4. Hello the blog is sounding really great the classroom is geting there, it is starting to look like a castle.Hope the castle is looking better by the end of the topic πŸ™‚ πŸ˜€ .

5. Doing the wood paneling was really fun we were painting and I love to paint. The trifolds were also really fun!I can’t wait untill we get our classroom finished because I am really looking forward to seeing it ! πŸ™‚ πŸ˜‰

6. Hi! πŸ™‚ I am really enjoying our topic and I cannot wait to see what it looks like in a couple of weeks!..:D x Rhona

7. I can not wait untill our classroom is fully transformed into the magic castle.Making the wooden paneling was fun and we got really messy it was amazing.I cant wait to see what our classroom looks like as a castle!:)

8. I like our new topic on the magic castle it is very fun. I enjoyed making the wood paneling and we all got covered in paint. I liked making the secret panels too! Our classroom is going to look cool when were done with it.

9. The class room is looking great .I hope it gets better every minute and soon it will look like a magic castle πŸ˜€

10. I am really enjoying our new topic and I am looking forward to see what our classroom ends up looking like.

11. I hope that we fully turn our classroom in to a castle ,I am really looking forward to it. Keep me updated every time you do something else to the classroom.

12. What a great idea; I wonder what is the most unusual thing hidden in the secret panel? I was brought up in a Georgian house which had wood panelling in some of the rooms – we had no secret panels but we had wooden shutters for the windows; we used to hide things in the shutter recess instead. Your ideas are obviously sparking the imaginations of the rest of the school – I wonder what the landing will be – a tilting yard perhaps?

13. You’re doing a great job, both preparing your castle and also with your blogging. I’d love to come and see it when it’s finished. Will hopefully have some good news for you soon too.

14. you\’re doing a great job, both preparing your castle and also with your blogging. I\’d love to come and see it when it\’s finished. Will hopefully have some good news for you soon too

15. We were very busy that day but having lots of fun the magic castle topic is really fun and our classroom is taking more progress at becoming a castle’s great hall. πŸ™‚