Scotland’s Enterprising Schools

posted by Alita Spink, Schools and Learning Support Officer – Schools and Learning

Dear Colleague

I have recently been appointed to work with the Scotland’s Enterprising Schools team and I am keen to  draw your attention to Scotland’s Enterprising Schools – a new resource available for schools to inspire enterprising and entrepreneurial learning across the curriculum.  The resource was developed in partnership with Education Scotland and the Scottish Government and key features include:

• Practitioners have the opportunity to join the professional learning network where they can take part in discussions about enterprise education and collaborate with colleagues to share ideas and resources.
  • A professional reflection tool helps practitioners gauge where their school is on its enterprise journey and will support the self-evaluation process.
  • The resources and ideas highlighted will be very useful when curriculum planning and will help schools embed Building the Curriculum 4 and Developing the Young Workforce agendas as part of their development plans.
  • Any number of teachers from your school can join the professional learning community and members of the network will receive an “Enterprising Schools Proud Member” badge for use on the school website

You will be aware that the newly introduced Career Education Standard (3-18), as part of the Developing the Young Workforce, has enterprise/entrepreneurship embedded throughout and I hope you and your staff will find Scotland’s Enterprising Schools a tool to support you.

Please contact me if you would like any further information.

Anne Malcolm
Scotland’s Enterprising Schools Programme Manager
07901507455

ScotlandsEnterprisingSchools         ScotlandCanDo