Our Learning In Term 2

During Term 2, Primary 4 pupils will focus on the following:

Topic – Our Community (what facilities are available in Kincorth, mapping the area) and Showtime (how to perform for an audience)

Maths – Estimation, rounding and data analysis plus ongoing Big Maths

Writing – Ways to inquire and socialise including messages, announcements, personal correspondence, surveys and interviews. We will then focus on narrative-prose.

Health and Wellbeing – Relationships, health and parenthood.

CLIC Targets – 25/10/2021

CLIC Targets for the week 25/10/2021:

C – Counting Along (Step 1): I can count along when the numbers are written in. Use a number line, ruler or other object with the
numbers written in order.

L – Practise the facts of the 3x table up to 12 x 3.

I – Jigsaw Numbers (Step 3): I can find the missing piece to 100. For example, 54 + __ = 100
Remember to:
-make the units digits total 100
-make the tens digits total 9

C – Division (Step 16): I can use a tables fact to find a division fact. For example, 15 ÷ 5 =
Remember to use your Learn Its and Fact Families to give the answer.

Please note that some targets were covered last session. We are reviewing these for consolidation. You can practise your targets each day.

CLIC Targets – 04/10/2021

CLIC Targets for the week 04/10/2021:

C – Count Fourways: I can count in 20s, 200s, 2000s and 0.2s

L – Practise the facts of the 3x table up to 12 x 3. You can play Hit the Button to help you learn the facts!

I – Doubling and Halving: Halving (Step 3): I know half of 300, 500, 700, 900.
Learn that half of…
-300 is 150
-500 is 250
-700 is 350
-900 is 450

C – Multiplication (Step 9): I can solve 1 digit x 1 digit. For example, 4 x 2 =

You can practise these targets each day.

Our Learning in Term 1

During Term 1, Primary 4 pupils have been focusing on the following:

Topic – Caring Citizens (who helps us, what we can do to help others, UNCRC) and Our Community (what facilities are available in Kincorth, mapping the area).

Maths – 2D shapes and 3D objects, patterns and relationships, Mathematics-its impact on the world, past, present and future plus ongoing Big Maths.

Writing – Recounts, including biographies and diaries.

Health and Wellbeing – Mental, emotional, social and physical wellbeing with an emphasis on resilience and bouncing back.

CLIC Targets – 27/09/2021

CLIC Targets for the week 27/09/2021:

C – Counting Multiples (Step 4): I can count in 3s.

L – Practise the facts of the 3x table up to 12 x 3. Topmarks.co.uk has a great selection of games, including Hit the Button. See the link below.

I – Doubling and Halving: Doubling with crossing 10s (Step 3): I can double 2-digit numbers.
Remember to:
-partition the 2-digit number
-double the tens
-double the units
-put them back together again

C – Subtraction (Step 21): I can count to the next multiple of 10 on a 100 square.
Remember to:
-find the 2-digit number
-count along the row 1 number at a time
-say what the total gap was

Please note that some targets were covered last session. We are reviewing these for consolidation. You can practise these targets each day.

https://www.topmarks.co.uk/maths-games/hit-the-button

CLIC Targets – 14/02/2022

Good morning everyone.

I hope that you had a lovely long weekend. As this is a very short week, there are no new CLIC Targets. You can go over the targets from last week for revision if you like. There will not be new spelling sounds this week either. Instead, we will be trying a few new Literacy activities. Please remember to send your child with their book bag tomorrow (Thursday) so that we can change out the reading books.

Many thanks!

Just another blogs.glowscotland.org.uk – Aberdeen site