News from Miss Burton

It is with great excitement that I am writing to inform you that today I was appointed as Head Teacher of Pumpherston and Uphall Station Community Primary School.

Over the past 15 months, I have developed a passion, understanding and complete commitment to the PUSCPS community and I am delighted to be writing this letter to you as the permanent Head Teacher of our school. I would like to thank our whole school community for their support during my time as Acting Head Teacher here at PUSCPS. I know the last year has been a time of uncertainty for us all with acting posts but now Mrs Cougan and myself are excited about the road ahead and leading our whole school community through the next part of our journey to excellence and equity.

My vision will drive forward our school motto of ‘Positive understanding supports confident personal success’. As you know, I believe that every child deserves a champion to ensure that they can become the best they can be. I feel that our children should be at the centre of all the decisions we make, and that our school should continue to develop its positive reputation in our community.

This session we will continue with driving forward our school improvement plan, with a focus on enhancing digital learning, raising attainment in writing, developing positive mathematical mindsets, a focus on emotional literacy and improving our approaches to profiling.

I will endeavour to continue to improve our strong links and communication, with our families and wider community. I know that we will continue to work together in the best interests of our children. As you know, I believe in having an open door policy, so if you have any suggestions, ideas or concerns, please do not hesitate to get in touch.

Ultimately, I hope that our children take away happy memories from their primary school experience and that they remember the events, people and the learning that made school memorable for them, enabling them to develop and demonstrate our school values.

It was lovely to share the news with our children this afternoon, and see the excitement and joy in their wee faces. Here’s to our exciting new chapter at Team PUSCPS!

Miss Burton