Merry Christmas from Miss Burton

Dear parent/ carer,

As we approach the end of the term and the festive period, I think it is important as a school to reflect over the past year. 2020 is definitely a year we will all remember – the year of Covid19, lockdown, tiers, loss, uncertainty, quarantine, isolation … the list goes on and on.

Within these uncertain times I am very proud of how our whole school community has rallied together to support each other. School days might physically be different but at the heart of our school and nursey our ethos is still the same. This week we received 80 messages of thanks from families for our staff to share your appreciation of how they have supported your child on their return to school and nursery. I am sure you will agree this is a tribute to all the work that has went in from all our staff to ensure that your child is at the forefront of all we do.

We have worked hard to provide fun festive experiences for our children in their bubbles including Movie Day, Christmas Lunch, Quiz, Santa visit, Class Celebrations, Nativity, Christmas Crafts and an online Christmas Concert. This has resulted in a ‘buzz’ around the school which we love at this time of year and also reminding us as staff in education why we love our jobs so much. The response to our fundraising has been overwhelming with us raising £1344.73 for school funds which is an amazing amount – a huge thank you to everyone who has contributed to this.

I would personally like to thank you as our parents and carers, for your patience as we found our way, your encouragement, and your willingness to support us and our decisions. This really has helped me and our staff team. As Head Teacher, I am very proud of all we have achieved this year.

At this time, we would usually be gathered in our hall, with a piece of shortbread and a cuppa watching our Christmas Concert. Here is the link so you can do this at home:

I wish you all a Merry Christmas, and a safe and happy time together. Here’s hoping to a different 2021 for us all!

Warm regards,

Miss Burton