A Wedding in Primary 2

At the beginning of March we held a pretend wedding in an RME lesson. it was great fun!  We invited special guests and made lots of preparations to make the classroom look more like a church.  The bride travelled in a chauffeur driven car with her dad.  The minister read the service and the best man remembered the rings.  After we had sung a song and watched them sign the register we had photographs taken in the hall and got the chance to throw confetti over the bride and groom.  Then we went back for the reception with a designer wedding cake and dancing.  We sang Auld Lang Syne then the bride threw her bouquet over her shoulder at the end.

Here are our thoughts about the wedding:

“I liked handing out cake.” – Hallie.  “I liked driving the car.”- Logan  “I liked throwing the confetti it was great.” -Euan. “I learned how to behave at a wedding” – Mya. “I liked dancing and cake and being the minister.”- Ewen.  “I learned that sometimes you need some help in a wedding”- Miai.

2 Replies to “A Wedding in Primary 2”