Author Visit from Will Wood

As part of book Week Scotland we had an author visit from Will Wood, the author of The Fairy with the Broken Wings.  He worked with P4, 5, 6 and 7, exploring his novel and sharing how he became an author.

Thank you so much to Ms Cook for organising this visit and to Mr Wood for his time.

He sent us this very thoughtful and inspiring message:

Deep in the heart of West Lothian is a small town named LivingstonOn the very edge there is two smaller areas, Pumpherston and Uphall Station and in their midst they share a building. The building itself is not very big, but what it lacks in size it gains in potential, for within its walls it contains something very special. 

Future Doctors, ScientistMedics, Nurses, Fire and Police men and women. Movie stars,singers and dancers, musicians, Olympians and sports idolsPrime Ministers and MP’s, soldiers, sailors, tinkers and tailorsbankers and backers, the Jacks and Jills of all trades and walks of life.

They are not aware of this yet but the vacancies will be theirs to fill fifteen or twenty years from now. Their responsibility is to learn and fulfill their dreams, their teachersresponsibility is to provide the basic tools and the encouragement they require. 

I wish you the very best that life can offer, behave, be good, be patient and most of allbelieve in yourself.

Remember what you wrote beneath your names and go for it.

Thank you all for having me and sharing a little bit of your life. It was an honour and a privilege. I take with me  a little sample of your imagination, your enthusiasm and most of all your smiles.

All the best in life and study,

Will Wood