Good morning P1! Tuesday 19th May 2020

Good morning everyone,

I hope you had a nice Monday and managed to get outside and enjoy some fresh air.

This week, in your learning grid, you have been asked to revise the sounds /ch/ and /sh/ so here are a few activities to help with that:

If there are any technical issues with sound etc. just let us know and we can help you get it sorted.

We have also added some number games on to your Heinemann Active accounts so, if you have time, check them out and see how you get on.

Lastly, a few people have had trouble getting onto the Oxford Owls website so I have double checked and there is a capital B in the learning grid that has sneaked its way in, many apologies! The details are username: p1bLPS or p1aLPS and password: My books   😀

Take care,

Your P1 Teachers

5 thoughts on “Good morning P1! Tuesday 19th May 2020”

1. Hello, sorry to hear that. I know that for some people last week if they couldn’t hear it, they tried opening it with Google Chrome browser which seemed to work better. If that doesn’t work, let me know and I can email you the original PowerPoint file to play as a slideshow! Hope that helps.
      Mrs Jamieson

1. Thanks for the guidance!
    We have never managed by iPhone / iPad to log in HAM due to its software limitation since it’s introduced, until this moment by iPad. Phew. No need to buy a PC at least for HAM.
    We tried some Reading Chilli Challenge but the book called The King Had A Wish cannot be found by searching the elibrary, somehow.

1. Hi Shona,
      Thanks for your comment and I hope you are having a nice week. I have checked and the book is called The King and his Wish, apologies for that! I hope you enjoy reading it. That is super that you managed to get into HAM on your iPad, technology is great when it works, but frustrating when it doesn’t, but I’m sure you will enjoy some of the games on HAM now.
      Have a great day – I hope you manage to get out to enjoy this lovey sunshine. I had a nice walk early this morning with Bennie and I had to take my jacket off!
      Take care,
      Mrs Jamieson

1. Hi Mrs Jamieson, glad that Bennie walks you well every day!

Shona is trying some HAM games. Not all the activities show on our iPad, though, saying, “The Flash does not support the activities.” We’re OK as long as the basic games work. The subtraction game 13-8=? Lots of tears, until we used blueberries to help;-)

I just read to her myself if the videos are silent, instead of bothering Google Chrome browser as it’s the safari browser on iPad and iPhone. Thanks for telling us the correct book name The King and His Wish. We’ll check later.

Enjoy the summer days!

Juan
        Ps. Shona enjoys spotting ladybirds, 9 ducklings, painted pebbles, tadpoles during our walks.