Primary 2/1 Blog – Week beginning 21.5.18

We have had another eventful week in P2/1 with lots of great learning opportunities.  With dinosaurs we focused on creating leaflets about dinosaur extinction theories and have been preparing for our class talk which takes place next Monday (28th).

Also, we have been creating a Toy Story display for our class window in preparation for the Procession next Saturday.  Please have a look as you walk past the front of the school.

On Wednesday we had our final shared start for the session focusing on Health and Wellbeing.  We tasted fruits as a healthy snack, made worry monsters to help us cope with our worries, explored our emotions and ways to help us when we feel a certain way and we also did some yoga to keep our bodies and minds healthy.

Here have been our favourite learning activities this week:

Rio – “I enjoyed painting Woody because I got to use lots of paint”

Rory – “I liked having shared start when I got to make my fruit kebab.  I might make them at home”

Regan – “I liked making my fruit kebab.  I found out that I really like pomegranate…I kept going back for more!”

Griffin – “I liked shared start because my mum can’t come when it was a Tuesday but she could come because it was a Wednesday”

Tommy – “Making the kebabs was the best bit because we got to eat them at the end and I was quite hungry”

Leah – “I liked making the worry monsters because it’s very creative and I like being arty”

Breaghannon – “I liked yoga because I like learning the moves”

Cameron – “The best bit was the worry monster because I liked writing my worries.  It helped me tell someone what my worry was”

Daniel – “I liked making Woody for the window because I liked using lots of different colours”

Poppy F – “I liked painting the rainbow because I really like painting and I haven’t done it in a wee while”

Lucy – “I enjoyed our shared start.  It was fun because I really liked making my fruit kebab”

Ellie – “I liked making my worry monster because I enjoyed decorating it”

Millie – “I enjoyed making the star.  I liked it because I got to decorate my star with tissue paper and it was funny when it kept getting stuck on my fingers”

Emily – “I liked putting the stars in the window because I liked colouring it in, sticking the tissue around the outside and then we all got to go outside to have a look at our display”

Sarah – “Making a rainbow for the window was the best bit”

Teigan – “I liked trying the fruits because I got to eat them up”

Mason – “One day I ate all my lunch and got a sticker.  I liked the yoghurt the best  but I made a big mess”

Leila – “I liked when we made our worry monsters.  I got to write all my worries down and it helped me feel better”

Poppy D – “I liked when we were painting the rainbow for our display because we used lots of different, pretty colours.  When they dried they looked really nice”

Brooke – “I liked the fruit kebabs because the fruit Mrs Mansfield bought was lovely”

From Primary 2/1

(A note from Mrs Mansfield – Just a reminder that the dinosaur talks take place on Monday, please help your child to prepare for this.  In addition, we have Sports Day on Wednesday between break and lunch.  Please ensure your child comes to school appropriately dressed for this, with extra water and, if you are able, feel free to join us at Balbardie Park to cheer the class on!)