P1l This Week

Hello Everyone

Friday again, the weeks seem to go so quickly.  This week we enjoyed lots of different activities.  On Monday we listened to the story of Katie Morag and the Tiresome Ted and talked about the different emotions Katie felt.  We had a circle time and shared our own experiences before drawing faces of Katie Morag as she goes through the story.  On Tuesday morning we all had the chance to bake porridgies with Mrs Jamieson and in the afternoon we ate them, they were delicious.  We had a great time on Tuesday afternoon when Mr MacDonald came to talk to us about his life growing up on a Scottish island.  He had some super pictures and we asked him lots of great questions.  It turns out Mr MacDonald has seen a lot of sharks and dolphins. With Mrs Spence we followed on from our work on Katie Morag and wrote about a time we had felt angry, it turns out a lot of us can get quite angry with our brothers and sisters! Thursday morning was buddy time and this week we read our new books with our buddies, they were all very impressed with how well we are doing.

Bye for now.

P1l

9 thoughts on “P1l This Week”

1. Hello everyone in 1l!

I am very impressed with how well our writing is coming along in class. We wrote super stories this week about feeling angry and I’m glad we were able to talk about how we can get help to feel better or to sort out a falling out. I wonder if your brothers and sisters know you were writing about them this week?

Buddy time reading your new books together sounds like fun. I love reading and sharing stories is one of my favourite things to do in school.

Have a lovely weekend,
    Mrs Spence

2. Hi Primary 1l,

I can’t believe that you have fitted so much learning into one week. I’m sure your brothers and sisters would love to hear that you were writing about them this week. Mr Macdonald enjoyed his visit to your class this week and was very impressed with how well you all listened to his stories about what life on an island is like. Did he answer your, ‘I wonder what life is like on an island’ question? Keep up the good work everyone.

Have a lovely weekend.

Miss Henderson

3. I am sad that I missed making porridge with Mrs Jamieson but mum says we can try making some this weekend when Viggo is at a sleepover! And if he is away – he can’t steal toys from my room and make me angry!! 🙂
    From Suvi

4. hi again. we have been looking at lots of stories. My favourite thing last week was looking at animals on islands. I also liked learning about the islands.

5. Hi again. We have been looking at lots of stories. My favourite thing last week was learning about animals. I also liked learning about the islands. I loved, loved, loved it!

Maisey

6. Hi again. We have been looking at lots of stories. I liked learning about animals and I liked learning about life on an island. I loved, loved, loved it!

7. I liked making porridgies and making a farmhouse for the Katie Morag scene.

I would like to do my sums more often.

from Katie Armstrong xxxxxx

8. I liked your Katie Morag island .I’ve been to lots of islands. My favourite island is Arran.
    I went there in the summer holidays and it was really fun.

from Jennie