P5m visit the Bennie Museum

On Wednesday P5m visited the Bennie Museum to learn more about Victorian toys. Here are some of the interesting things we learned.
Sophie – I learned that the Victorians didn’t have any electronic devices or toys. I think that we’re lucky to have tablets and X Box.
Eva – The Victorians played alot of outdoor games like skipping, playing on stilts, hoop and stick, and beds (hop scotch)!
Emma – We learned how the children made their games and that they put hot coal inside the iron to make it hot! (Mr Welsh didn’t know about the iron!)
Adam – We learned about making fortune tellers and we hope that we are able to make our own.

4 thoughts on “P5m visit the Bennie Museum”

1. Hello 5m,

It sounds like your visit to the Bennie Museum has helped you to think about your learning linked to the Victorians. Are you making links to our right to play? Although they didn’t have such fancy toys it does seem that they still had fun playing from what you’ve found out so far.

Could you give up your Xbox, tablet and electronic toys and play only with the kinds of toys the Victorian children would have had? There’s a challenge! Could you try this for a week and post about how you got on? I’d love to read about this here on our blog.

Have a great weekend,
    Mrs Spence

2. I’m glad to hear that you enjoyed your trip to the Bennie Museum. It sounds like you learned a lot of useful information.
    Do you think you could teach me how to make the fortune tellers? It could be a nice Big Start task.
    See you all on Monday, have a lovely weekend.

Mrs Mackenzie 🙂

3. First I have heard about your visit to the Bennie Museum!lol! And I ask Cameron every day what he has been doing at school!
    Sounds like you all had a great time, I love the Bennie Museum and there are pictures there from when Cameron’s Uncle Andrew found the very famous and important fossil called ‘Lizzie’ or ‘Westlothiana’ as is her official title now! He found it on a school trip to a local quarry! So keep your eyes peeled, you never know what you will find when you are out and about with the school!!