27th April

Hello everyone 

I hope you are all well and ready for another week of ‘Home Learning’.   Remember to keep active and enjoy some time outside and only complete what you and your family have time for.  Maybe have a go at a scavenger hunt or an I spy game.

This weeks suggested activities are;

This first link is a guide to reading the story ‘Animal Upsets’ and an activity which can be completed once the story has been read. ( The second link takes you to the story)

Reading activity

GR_Animal Upsets

This writing activity is all about thinking about what the characters might be saying.  Talk about what is happening and try saying some sentences with expression! Once your child has had some time to talk about what might be said, then they can have a go at writing the speech.

English_Week_2_Writing

This talking and listening activity uses the story ‘We’re all going on a bear hunt’.  There is a youtube link but you may have this story at home.  I hope you enjoy these activities.

English_Week_2_Listening&Speaking

Also try to read a story every day. This can be a book at home or you can follow the links  below to Storyline Online, Oxford Reading Owl or the free books website.  All the links are below.  If you have completed one of the activities above then  it is not necessary to follow up the story with additional questions – it is also important to read/listen for enjoyment.

If you wish to follow up a story with a discussion then the ‘Prompt cards’ can be used.  They can be found in the reading booklet issued and are also available in the reading tab above.

https://www.storylineonline.net/

https://www.oxfordowl.co.uk/for-home/find-a-book/library-page/

https://readon.myon.co.uk/library/browse.html

• Complete page 7 from the phonics booklet. I have included photos of these below for anyone without the home learning pack.

Revise phonemes ‘r’ and ‘m’. Please make sure your child can correctly form theses letters.

• Continue to practise taught common words.

Numeracy and Maths Activities

• Money Booklet – Page 277. Please support your child’s understanding of this concept by giving them real coins to work with.

Numbers to 20 – page 88

• Addition and Subtraction  – Page 88. A number line has been including in the home learning pack.

Below are a couple of extra maths games you could play.

Maths_Week 2_ Idea_2

Maths_Week 2_Idea_3

Here is the link to Topmarks maths games too.

https://www.topmarks.co.uk/maths-games/5-7-years/counting

General Activities

These are suggestions of additional ideas;

Art_Activities (dragged)

Building_Modelling (dragged)

Make_Believe_Play (dragged)

Movement (dragged)Exploring_Measuring (dragged)

cfe-ss-95-the-garden-nursery-mini-home-learning-topic_ver_5

Thank you so much to everyone who replied to the ‘check in station’.  It was lovely to read about what you have been up to and also know you are safe and well.  If you didn’t manage to check in last week, please could you try this week, thank you. Please continue to send in photos, I love seeing what you’ve all been up to.  You can send in photos to the address below and I’ll post them on our blog in the ‘gallery’. Remember our blog is public so please don’t send photos that have children in them. Names will not be matched with photos. This email address will be used by several classes, so please use the subject line ‘Room 1 Mrs Chan’ in every message you send to make sure I don’t miss any.

gw18burnsidephotos@glow.sch.uk

Let me know if you have any questions or need help with anything.

Keep safe everyone.

Mrs Chan 😊

2 thoughts on “27th April”

1. Hi
    The links for ‘animal upsets’ are the same. Both links take you to the book, not the activity (I think). Laura

1. Thanks for letting me know Laura. I’ve updated the link so it should now be the activity. I always try to check the links work but obviously missed that one!