Home learning w.c 25.5.20

Good morning Girls and Boys,

I hope you are all well and had a lovely long weekend with your families.

I’m sure many of you will have heard the update on  the plan for schools to reopen in August after the summer holidays. The news really did make me smile and while it might be bit different from what we are used to, it will just be great to be back with each other in person again.

As Mrs Mirner said we will be now be posting two posts each Monday with your weekly tasks. Don’t worry you are not getting double the work but it just seemed an easier way for us to manage how we set your jobs while still allowing you to get all of your work at the start of the week. So please make sure to always check both posts.

I have set out some some tasks for the week below but as always please don’t worry if you don’t manage to get everything done.

Remember a good structure for each day might look something like this;

• 1 numeracy task (i.e. a worksheet, website game, Studyladder)
  • 1 literacy task (i.e. diary, book review, spelling game, Studyladder)
  • Personal reading (roughly 15-20 minutes)
  • Exercise/fresh air (i.e online exercises, playing in the garden)
  • 1 other activity (i.e art, ICT, music, baking)

Literacy:

• Reading:

Keep reading either using the Oxford Owl tile on Glow, your own personal reading books or this free book website that I had share before.

https://readon.myon.co.uk/library/browse.html

• Reading/Writing:

I have been loving the Talk for Writing units that Mrs Mirner has been setting for you and it seems from the comments that many of you have been enjoying them too. Here is the last ones for this block (hopefully they upload more soon). Please work your way through at your own pace however you may need help from an adult with some of it.

Ròs, Rowlings and Dahl – a non fiction text about rainbows.

shttps://www.talk4writing.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/Y2-Rainbows.pdf

Kinneys – a story about a Pirate Princess.

https://www.talk4writing.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/Y1-Sayeeda.pdf

• Spelling:

Please see the attached tabs at the top for this weeks spelling words. Try to practise your words every day and if they can get an adult to test you on Friday. Remember to use a variety of active spelling strategies to hep you learn them.

If you are able to print off I’ve attached a word search for each group below too. You might want to even make your own for someone in your family once you’ve completed this one.

Pencils and Rubbers ‘ou’ word search

Pens and Crayons ‘th’ word search

• Grammar:

Verbs worksheet. Remember Verbs are doing words such as ‘run’ or ‘talk’. They can be followed by ‘ing’ or ‘ed’ but remember that just gives the verb it’s tense. For example ‘running’ is something I’m doing now (present tense) whereas ‘talked’ is something I did before (past tense).  Its been a while since we have done any work on verbs so I’ve attached 3 different worksheet. You can choose what one you do but remember its always good to challenge yourself so don’t be doing one that you find too easy. However at the same time if your finding it too tricky then please choose another one. The answers are attached so no peaking until your finished.

l-53855-ks1-using-verbs-differentiated-activity-sheet_ver_6

• Studyladder:

Remember there are Literacy tasks set by Mrs Mirner on Studyladder.

Numeracy:

Mental maths

• Access DK 10 minute a day app to practise your tables
  • Visit easi-maths on your glow page and complete 3x 20 minute sessions.
  • Go onto Studyladder and complete some of the number activities.

3D shape

• I’ve attached a 3D shape booklet which you could complete outdoors with chalk once you have found the items in your house. If you don’t have a printer you could always just answer the questions on blank paper or in your jotter.

All groups – Outdoor 3D shape booklet

Money

• A few of you have mentioned in your comments on the blog that you have set up a pretend shop in your house. This is a great fun way to explore and learn about money so why not have a go at creating your favourite shop and use some real coins you have at home to pay for things/give change. You could even price your items and if your playing on your own and then just pretend to have customers. You could raid your tin cupboard and have a mini supermarket or what about a toy shop or even pretend to sell your clothes. You could make signs and a till as well as getting bags to put the customers items in. You might even want to do it outside if the weather is nice. If you have any photos of you working in your shop then please send them into the following email address.

gw18burnsidephotos@glow.sch.uk

If you need any help with anything this week then just as always just let us know.

Stay safe and keep on working hard girls and boys – we are all very proud of you.

Lots of love

Mrs Graham xx

2 thoughts on “Home learning w.c 25.5.20

1. Hi Zhora,

It’s an app you can download called ‘DK 10 minute a day”. If you search for it in your App Store you should be able to download.

Hope your well pet.
      Mrs Graham x