In Early Years this week..

We’ve had a lot going on this week! 

Our Kitchen turned into a Chinese Restaurant for Chinese New Year, we learn all about the Chinese traditions, things they like to wear and eat and all about The celebration.

Seeing how big our puddle outdoors had gotten with all the rain lead to lots of running, jumping & splashing & seeing who could make the biggest splash. We even tested out which objects could float and which sunk in the puddle.

There were some big hail stones that came down, we gathered some in a bowl and had a closer look at them using the magnifying glass.

Lots of family portraits were drawn outdoors on our chalk board this week.

We baked pancakes for Pancake Day then spread them ourselves. We even had a shot at flipping some pretend ones which we made using playdough ingredients, we then used loose parts to decorate them. We said-

“I’m using strawberries for my topping”.

“I’m putting sauce on my pancake”.

“I like honey on my pancake”.

We celebrated Valentines Day, We spoke about what ‘Love’ means & created some crafts for those we love. We made some ‘Love potions’ & liked having red rice for our sensory activity this week. We then had a red / heart themed snack & the canteen gave us heart shaped shortbread for our pudding.

We had some visitors that came to read us a story, & do some songs & rhymes with us (Chloe & Bookbug). We were great at remembering the words to sing along & even learn a new song about ‘A peerie spider’.

We’ve been doing lots of colour mixing with the paint this week, we then read the book called ‘Mixed’ which is inspired by colour.

We’re loving music this week, we followed the dance moves on the interactive whiteboard then created out own music with the instruments.

We used beads & string to copy sequences and patterns and spoke about the different shapes and sizes of beads we had.

We played Bingo, this was great for our number recognition, listening and following instructions.

We took a trip to the beach, it was a very wavy day & we found some “treasure” & a “baby starfish”.