In Early Years this week..

Children’s imaginative conversations throughout their play this week: 

“Would you like to buy a ticket for center parks and go on trampolines?” – “It costs sixty pounds”.

“Will I mix it fast or slow?”

“I’m cooking pancakes”.

“Can we have the train track?”

“If you fill out your details on this form it will take you to where you want to go”.

“I’m making a fire, fire is orange”.

“We need to make sure we stay away from the fire”.

“I’m drawing a boat and a fire, that’s the propeller- It spins around and it makes the boat go really fast”.

“You just add a little bit of yellow to orange to make it lighter, or some white”.

“Can you help me write I love you Mam, you are the best ever?”.

We created a variety of patterns with beads and thread, sequencing colours, we then measured the length using rulers and measuring sticks.

We baked some healthy banana pancakes for a 4th Birthday. We said “I can crack three eggs by myself” and did great measuring, pouring and mixing.

Following on from The Children’s interests of reptiles last week we added a variety outdoors. We said “Snakes and lizards are reptiles” and “Snakes are my most favourite thing in the planet.

We used the wood outdoors to stack and balance on then we problem solved which lengths were the same and could balance to create ramps for once another to walk on.

We practiced our cutting skills using magazines and then wanted to stick the pieces on our blackboard.

We were speaking about ‘Fairies’ so decided we would create some  ‘Fairy finders’ to help us find some outdoors, the sparkles led us to find some, we said it was “Magical”.

We’ve had various things in the sand this week which have been set up by the Children- We’ve had a ‘Tea party’, ‘Zoo’ and then ‘Treasure’. This then led on to having the Pirate Ship out and we created our own Pirate treasure maps to follow, we even stained them with teabags to make them look more realistic.

We asked for a hairdressers to be set up, We’ve had some great ‘hairdressers’ and ‘make up artists’ styling our head models (And teachers).

We discovered we now have six frogs in our pond and they’ve laid some frog spawn, we even heard them croaking this week, We thought they were ‘speaking’ to one another.

By the trees we found sticks and baby pinecones to add to the small house, we said we were “Making a bird nest” and then added some grass to “Make it comfy for them”.

We had a great time digging for mud to ‘cook’ with. We said we were making ‘Mint pies’, ‘Chocolate cupcakes’, ‘Tattie wedges’ and ‘Porridge because we’re camping’. We used great imagination with the loose parts whilst ‘cooking’.

We all wore red for Red Nose Day & planted ‘The red nose that grows’ which was kindly donated by a parent, we hope over the next few weeks it’ll blossom into lovely flowers.

I am very grateful to everyone for making my last day in Whiteness so special and will miss you all very much, thanks so much for all your kind words and gifts.

Miss Hay x