Making sushi

This term Primary 3/4 are learning about Japan.

Today P3/4 made sushi.

“First Mrs Moffat cooked the rice. We added the rice to the nori sheets then we put tuna on and cucumber. Then we rolled it up. Then Mrs Mouat and Mrs Moffat helped us cut it up into peerie bits and we all tried it. Some people had wasabi paste it was spicy. We thought it was great fun making sushi”.

By George and Tamzin.

5 thoughts on “Making sushi”

1. This looks like a great learning experience and lots of fun too! I wonder what the people who tried the wasabi paste thought of the flavour.
    Did you know that the Japanese Embassy in London will lend you some Japanese artefacts if they are not already on loan to other schools? When Burravoe School did a project about Japan they sent us some very interesting things to help us learn about their country.

http://www.uk.emb-japan.go.jp/itpr_en/study.html

2. Thanks for the information Caroline.
    I didn’t know about getting Japanese artefacts from the Japanese Embassy in London. I will look into that.

3. It was great fun making the sushi with you and I was impressed how well you managed to make it and tidy up afterwards. I was SUPER impressed how many of you tasted the sushi!
    Does any of you know what wasabi is made from?