I am very pleased to announce that the school was successful in achieving our Gold Award from UNICEF. Everyone worked very hard and the assessors were impressed with the work that is happening around rights at the school. They identified particular strengths of the school as:
- Strong commitment to children’s rights from the Senior Leadership Team (SLT) and a clear understanding of how rights underpin and support other aspects of school life.
- SLT constantly strive to find new and innovative ways to embed RRS and include the Convention in all strategic planning.
- Prominent visibility of rights in vibrant displays throughout the school.
- Learning connections made across the curriculum, with a solid link to Learning for Sustainability.
- Children bringing rights to life, demonstrating good knowledge and understanding and making them a part of everyday interaction.
- Pupils are empowered to take an active role in their school and wider community.