Welcome to Our New Primary 1s

Welcome to Holmston Primary School. We are really looking forward to getting to know you and your families. We are a fantastic community and everyone works together so that you can be the best that you can be.

We know that this year has been very unusual and many things are different. We still want to share with you some of the information we would usually do on the days you and your mums or dads would come and visit us.

We will also post up some activities that you could try at home over the next few weeks.

Please take time to have a look on the website to give you a flavour of what it is like to be a Holmston pupil. Keep checking back as we will be updating this page regularly.

Let’s start off with a quick tour of the school:

It does look a littleĀ  bit quiet without all the children but we hope it gave you a flavour of our school.

The next video will give you some more information about the school.

You can click here for the P1 Transition booklet or you will see it over on the right hand side of your screen in the links section. The school hanbook, holiday dates and other information can also be found here.

If you have any further questions or suggestions you could email them into the school at holmston.mail@south-ayrshire.gov.uk or leave a comment at the bottom of the page.

Here is Mrs Parris-Brown.

Here is Miss Audino saying hello.

…and here is our Depute Head Teacher, Mrs Reid, to say “Hello”.

We would like to get to know a little bit about you. So if you are able to get someone to print off the sheet below you could start telling us about yourself and send us a photo or you could fill it in electronically and send it to our email address. Don’t forget to add your name. holmston.mail@south-ayrshire.gov.uk.

Tell us about you!
All about me 1
All about me 2
All about me 3
All about me 4
All about me 5

Here is,Mrs Parris-Brown sharing one of her favourite stories. We will put different stories up over the next few weeks – so check back regularly!

Mrs Parris-Brown reads, “I Do Not Like the Colour Green!”

Mrs Parris-Brown reads “Lucy’s Blue Day”

Mrs McLaren, one of our Pupil Support Assistants, reads, “I’m Not Grumpy!”

Miss Audino reads, “Augustus and his Smile”

Miss Audino reads, “Hippobotamus”

Summer Fun Transition Activities

If you managed to come along to our transition visits, you will have received your copy of the Bear Hunt. Here is an electronic copy of our Bear Hunt Activities for you to try out over the summer. Have fun!

Going on a Bear Hunt Activity Pack

And here’s what Mr. Hardy found on his bear hunt!!!